Residence Router

Hi guys! So last night, i was FINALLY about to get my Server working! YAY! But i actually live on residence at school.. so now, im gonna have to go through the pain of setting everything up again....

Is there anyway to find out what router i'm connected to on residence? My room has those ports where i'm using a ethernet cable to plug into the wall and i do know what my IP address is by cmd and ipconfig. The thing is, i'm using simple port forwarding and it requires me to know what router i'm using. Does anyone have a solution to find what router i'm connected to or am i somehow lucky enough to somehow host my servers when i'm on res as well?

PS: I allowed port 7777 to be an exception to my firewall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentruth
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi guys! So last night, i was FINALLY about to get my Server working! YAY! But i actually live on residence at school.. so now, im gonna have to go through the pain of setting everything up again....

Is there anyway to find out what router i'm connected to on residence? My room has those ports where i'm using a ethernet cable to plug into the wall and i do know what my IP address is by cmd and ipconfig. The thing is, i'm using simple port forwarding and it requires me to know what router i'm using. Does anyone have a solution to find what router i'm connected to or am i somehow lucky enough to somehow host my servers when i'm on res as well?

PS: I allowed port 7777 to be an exception to my firewall.
If you know your local IP address, you may try connecting to the default gateway (In general, 192.168.1.1) of your server through a browser. If you're asked for login details, the router name is generally specified on the login box title.

Otherwise, try connecting to the default gateway via 'telnet' in command prompt.
Код:
telnet 192.168.1.1
The command dialogue that opens up, specifies the name of the router you are connecting to.

It says my default gateway is 10.10.137.227 .... 10.10 is which really weird O_O. I've tried typing it into the browser but the page doesn't load.

Did you try telnet? May be that HTTP/80 is disabled for security.

Telnet didn't work either... But what i found VERY weird was.. when i was trying to invite my friend into my server, he said he couldn't connect, but for some VERY odd reason.. three different ppl connected to the server O_O

I was.. at res running my home server...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It says my default gateway is 10.10.137.227 .... 10.10 is which really weird O_O. I've tried typing it into the browser but the page doesn't load.
That's a class A network are you staying in a dorm or something. Because if so the only way to configure a router there is through hyper terminal.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
.. three different ppl connected to the server O_O

I was.. at res running my home server...
So, the ports are forwarded? Or were they connecting via LAN?

To Robert, yeah i'm living in a dorm on campus.

Don, i forwarded the I{ already when i was back at my house, and allowed the 7777 port. I made installed two different server things, and i named one Home and Res so if i was at Res, i'd use this and at Home i'de use that.

What i found weird was when i opened my Res server, for some reason, my Home server opened as well and three people came in. I'm sorry for being confusing