Is making Roleplay script, hard?

Is making roleplay script hard?

------------

i try to make one but i cannot make it because i'm the only one who script the roleplay script.
how many days it will take to make roleplay server?, is it easy or hard? well i only make Stunt/Freeroam/Drift gamemodes i didn't make Roleplay yet, so guys tell me should i give a try to make a Roleplay server?

Post down if you have some ideas.

A roleplay script is vast, and hard, developing all the systems such as house system, business system, and much more. A roleplay script can be made/developed by one single person but it'd take a while for it to be a quality script.

No gamemode is hard to make- The making of a good, unique, and user-friendly script, takes quite some time.

Seeing as SA:MP was originally programmed to just be used for regular Arcade-Style games. Developing a RP gamemode is sorta out there. You will have to manipulate it to the best of your abilities to make it seem as real as possible. So, yes it is hard. But there are plenty of tutorials, and RP scripts to use as a reference. So it is most definitely not impossible.

Eh, Well.... Creating a RP GM takes a long time. Once you have all of the CMDS ACMDs Houses, Systems.....
You have a HUGE script.. My RP script is 80k+ lines, and i'm nowhere close to done scripting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinlynn
Посмотреть сообщение
Eh, Well.... Creating a RP GM takes a long time. Once you have all of the CMDS ACMDs Houses, Systems.....
You have a HUGE script.. My RP script is 80k+ lines, and i'm nowhere close to done scripting!
That's not really necessary. Having tons and tons of lines doesn't mean your script is huge. For example, I have a 17k lines gamemode. It's a roleplay script. It has like: all player, admin, helper, vip, newbie commands. Dynamic Factions, Business, Houses & Vehicles. It has a unique Dealership idea. Has unique fishing system, few unique jobs. Of course it's not complete yet, it won't ever be but I'm pretty sure that if I reach 30k lines (if that'll ever happen), the system will be pretty much complete.

So, overall, yes, making a RP gamemode can take some time but you can always make the base of a roleplay script. Commands, a small, nice and unique vehicle system, few houses, a pretty new idea of businesses, few unique jobs and that should do it. You can start your server from there and let your players "model" your gamemode through suggestions. At least, that's in my opinion the best idea. Having a huge RP script, which it's pretty much done isn't that good idea. You should let your players come with unique ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-
Посмотреть сообщение
A roleplay script is vast, and hard, developing all the systems such as house system, business system, and much more. A roleplay script can be made/developed by one single person but it'd take a while for it to be a quality script.
i will be patient on scripting Roleplay script. meanwhile i will start developing the commands and the admin system next is house/business/faction/dealership system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmader
Посмотреть сообщение
No gamemode is hard to make- The making of a good, unique, and user-friendly script, takes quite some time.
are you crazy? roleplay is hard to script. look at the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentDunn
Посмотреть сообщение
Seeing as SA:MP was originally programmed to just be used for regular Arcade-Style games. Developing a RP gamemode is sorta out there. You will have to manipulate it to the best of your abilities to make it seem as real as possible. So, yes it is hard. But there are plenty of tutorials, and RP scripts to use as a reference. So it is most definitely not impossible.
i will try my best to make a big Roleplay script server. i will begin in checking some Roleplay Scripts then when i learn scripting roleplay myself i will start scripting myself. well i don't mean that i will copy paste a code from other RP Gamemodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello Reklez,

Making a Roleplay Game / Any Gamemode for That Matter, is Not Hard.
Its About the Determination you Want to go Too.

I Myself, am Making a Roleplay Script as We Speak.
I'm Logging Every Bit in Notepad, That i Do.

I Opened up a New File > New.pwn
I Can Easily Say im Going to Big a Big Extent to do some Major Work on it as it's How ive Always Been,
I Used to Code C++ & Direct3D so the Synatx is a bit like PAWN.

Thus, I Find it Easier then most Newbie Programmers.

As for the Time, It Depends on your Determination.

I Myself, am Currently Making a "Advanved Gym"
Bassically, So Far, Ive Got the Fighting Styles that you can Learn.

Their's an NPC Boxer, and ive Made it so When you go into the Checkpoint

He'll Say "Ay, Wanna Learn some New Moves" Ect, Ect.
Then I'll Proceed from Their with where i Go.

Just That bit has Taken me a Few Hours (Not Straight, With Breaks)

Always Remember a Unique Script is not Always about Programming Lines,

You Could have an Amazing Script with 10,000 Lines.
And a Script with 30,000 Lines (Poorly Coded, Alot Of C&P (Copy And Paste))

Cheers,

Ricey.

PS: I Understand About my Capitals Habbit, Sorry.
Thanks for long trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reklez
Посмотреть сообщение
i will be patient on scripting Roleplay script. meanwhile i will start developing the commands and the admin system next is house/business/faction/dealership system.

are you crazy? roleplay is hard to script. look at the first post.

i will try my best to make a big Roleplay script server. i will begin in checking some Roleplay Scripts then when i learn scripting roleplay myself i will start scripting myself. well i don't mean that i will copy paste a code from other RP Gamemodes.

Thanks for long trivia
Great your Looking to Create a Roleplay your Going a good way About it.

But, With you Say 'are you crazy? roleplay is hard to script. look at the first post.'

Its as Hard as you Wanna make It.

A simple DM server can take days and days to develop. Don't even think you'll be done with RP script in a week. I'm telling you right now, prepare yourself with tons of patient, spare time and determination. It'll take you weeks, at least, if not months to make a decent roleplay gamemode.

ps: Pretty much every roleplay server is based in Los Santos because people are used with the city. It has some poor zones (ghettos), which are perfect for gang roleplay and it has rich zones, for mafias and stuff.

Placing Gangs in Las Venturas, just doesn't add up. So, if you're planning to start the server in Las Venturas, don't even expect to place gangs.

And you'll have to use many tips, guides so that players will know all the important locations and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio112
Посмотреть сообщение
A simple DM server can take days and days to develop. Don't even think you'll be done with RP script in a week. I'm telling you right now, prepare yourself with tons of patient, spare time and determination. It'll take you weeks, at least, if not months to make a decent roleplay gamemode.

ps: Pretty much every roleplay server is based in Los Santos because people are used with the city. It has some poor zones (ghettos), which are perfect for gang roleplay and it has rich zones, for mafias and stuff.

Placing Gangs in Las Venturas, just doesn't add up. So, if you're planning to start the server in Las Venturas, don't even expect to place gangs.

And you'll have to use many tips, guides so that players will know all the important locations and stuff.
Well i'm preparing myself. i have some friends that can help me in scripting.
so thats why they locate their RP in los santos?. i'm planning to place it on Los Santos.