Newbie to MYSQL - help

Hi y'all, so, I never tried MYSQL on sa-mp, never wanted to... but now I got a webhost, and I was wondering if I could connect my sa-mp server to my website..

using this mysql plugin: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=56564
So, I got PHPMyAdmin on there, a mysql database all settled, so now i'm using this sample script, ip2country.
But, when I run the server, i'm getting this..

[23:12:54] CMySQLHandler::CMySQLHandler() - Connecting to "mysql.transip.nl" | DB: "phogonath_com_Phogo" | Username: "phog_com_Phogo"
[23:12:55] CMySQLHandler::Connect() - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql.transip.nl' (10061) (Error ID: 2003)

First of all, are you sure your host allow external connections ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreadon
Посмотреть сообщение
First of all, are you sure your host allow external connections ?
I'd like to also add: if your host allows external connections, they usually still require you to add the external ip address(es) you want to allow.

not sure if it does o.O, is it anywhere to check or do I have to contact my host?
edit: found this on the host website

For security reasons you can not manage MySQL databases from external tools, only through PHPMyAdmin.
is this what u meant? :/

Yeah, you can't, however, try to contact them, may be it's an option.

Hmm.. how am i suppose to link my server to my website then? local mysql server? that used to work for my MW2 server with BBB, but apparently the phpmyadmin thingy wont show up anymore there, but I guess that's nothing related with samp, thanks anyway.

Use PHP+MySQL in your website to connect to same database that your server is using...