What keeps you playing?

Basically, what keeps you playing on some specific server, better yet, on an RP server? Are those the functions, community, friendly admins etc.?

Do you prefer smaller or bigger communities/servers?

I'm not much of a player anymore but all good servers should have these to keep the player motivated to play:

-A professional, original script
-Constant updates
-Constant posting of news to make the player sense that he is actually apart of the community
-Active users and admins on forums and in game
-Please make sure all staff members are mature and are fluent in the English language
-Have a strict set of rules and make everyone abide to them

As for owners, make sure you properly thank the active players and donaters accordingly. Also, you ask about the size of the community? I believe no players will continue to stay active if they sense no growth within the community or find the script to be poor. So usually servers who manage correctly will have a higher player base. And we all know a higher player base attracts new players to join. Therefore, servers with high amounts of players tend to be good. So I guess I like bigger communities.

Umm, well have fun. And if you were considering making a RP server with a Godfather edit, just stop now, because it won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolumadd_
View Post
I'm not much of a player anymore but all good servers should have these to keep the player motivated to play:

-A professional, original script
-Constant updates
-Constant posting of news to make the player sense that he is actually apart of the community
-Active users and admins on forums and in game
-Please make sure all staff members are mature and are fluent in the English language
-Have a strict set of rules and make everyone abide to them

As for owners, make sure you properly thank the active players and donaters accordingly. Also, you ask about the size of the community? I believe no players will continue to stay active if they sense no growth within the community or find the script to be poor. So usually servers who manage correctly will have a higher player base. And we all know a higher player base attracts new players to join. Therefore, servers with high amounts of players tend to be good. So I guess I like bigger communities.

Umm, well have fun. And if you were considering making a RP server with a Godfather edit, just stop now, because it won't work.
You're all right.

I don't play.

Tbh most RP servers are boring as f**k right now, I get bored on them after like 10 mins of playing so....

For me, it's primarily the communities around the servers.

The server I reside on has been going for around 6 years, and some of the original members still drop by quite frequently.
I agree, a decent script makes a difference, but when without any community spirit everything gets a little repetitive after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jansish
View Post
Tbh most RP servers are boring as f**k right now, I get bored on them after like 10 mins of playing so....
Because all of them are the same and nothing original with them. Just manhy children playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jansish
View Post
I agree.But most of the stunt server are unique in some way or the other..

what lol said

Did i say something funny?