Server not online

I KNOW how to port-forward, and I have done so. My server isn't showing up, though. I am using Windows 7. Could it be some sort of fire wall? I am running samp-server.exe as an administrator.

Again, I HAVE PORT FORWARDED CORRECTLY.

it may be your firewall not sure though
What protocol are you using? FTP, Telnet, SSL, HTTP or what? Sounds like you may have some deep packet inspection going on or you may have the Well Known port for that protocol still being blocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanSEE
View Post
it may be your firewall not sure though
What protocol are you using? FTP, Telnet, SSL, HTTP or what? Sounds like you may have some deep packet inspection going on or you may have the Well Known port for that protocol still being blocked.
What are you talking about? I bet you don't even know what that all means.
SA:MP servers only uses TCP and UDP, although I'm not sure about TCP. And no, packet inspection can only cause the packets to have an delay before arriving.

I bet it's Windows Firewall or anti-virus software. Add port 7777 TCP and UDP to your firewall and check if your antivirus program blocks samp-server or announce.

Ignore RanSEE, he has no idea what he's going on about.

Robintjeh got it right, check out your firewall. Try disabling it temporarily to see if it makes any difference.

Eh. It's working now, without me touching anything else. It seems to be intermittent. I know the last digit of my internal IP is changing, so I've used the following IPs for the port:

and it seems to work.

or localhost

You can also just use one IP. Just go to connections > LAN > properties > tcp/ip > ipv4 > ip adress: 192.168.0.108
and subnet mask leave it default. the standard gateway would be the IP of your router, the same for your DNS servers maybe. depends on what router you have

Still having problems, GAH. Here's some screenshots..

That's some strange shit right there. Even if you didn't portforward, you should be able to connect to your server using localhost. I know it sounds strange, but didn't you edited the %SYSTEMROOT%\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file? (It's a hidden file btw).
Check if this is in it:
localhost 127.0.0.1

If that isn't in it, put it in it.
If you can't do that, try to connect to 127.0.0.1:1337 (it's the same as localhost, you define that in your hosts file).

And can you try it again using Grand Larceny or new.pwn? I don't really know, but it could be a scripting problem. Maybe one of your plugins hang the server.

It seems to work now. Fucking strange.

With 127.0.0.1? You should run a virus scan, hosts file editting is known to be included with RATs.

Why dont you try it with :7777.Becouse if you are using home host so better to use :7777 becouse it mostly all poeple try with.