Did I portforward correctly?

'Sup y'all?

I just portforwarded and wanted to know if I have done it right or not:

Protocol: TCP
WAN-PORT - BEGIN: 7777 END: 7777 (in my "server.cfg", the port is set to 7777)
LAN-PORT - BEGIN:7777 END: 7777 (in my "server.cfg", the port is set to 7777)
SERVER-IP: I just typed in the IP which whatismyip.com told me, my router either!

So, I wanted to ask, if I did it right or not? BECAUSE, if I add this server:

localhost:7777

My server appears in my list of favourites! But, if I type the IP which whatismyip.com gave me and the same IP I typed in for portforwarding, nothing appears, SAMP is retrieving for the info of the server!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Insane
Посмотреть сообщение
So, I wanted to ask, if I did it right or not? BECAUSE, if I add this server:

localhost:7777

My server appears in my list of favourites! But, if I type the IP which whatismyip.com gave me and the same IP I typed in for portforwarding, nothing appears, SAMP is retrieving for the info of the server!
Do you have a static IP-Adress and set your ports to that IP-adress? Also when you type your local ip in the client without the :7777 you have to see your server and can join it localy.

When you type youre ''outdoor'' IP-adress with the :7777 I think you will see your server name but can't connect because: You never can connect to yourself, only local!

Yes, it's working.. Your "IP Address from whatismyip.com" is only for WAN (Wide Area Network). It means it shows for your friend but it doesn't show for you. So, in order to connect to your server you should use your LAN IP Address OR this: 127.0.0.1, Good luck! If you need anybody to test that with you, I'm ready .