y_ini vs BUD?

Yo!

BUD is SQL based user database system, and y_ini is... you know what it is!

Which one would be faster, to load/save users data?

It depends on the data you're loading / saving, how much of it there is, and the type of data. If, for example, it was a user account system for a popular server, then databases generally are much faster so therefore it would be BUD.

Great to know, so in my case BUD will be super fast, cause y_ini is fast enough, 60x faster than dini. ^^

on speed, their aint that much notable difference
you wont notice wich one your using as client

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
Посмотреть сообщение
It depends on the data you're loading / saving, how much of it there is, and the type of data. If, for example, it was a user account system for a popular server, then databases generally are much faster so therefore it would be BUD.
Databases are generally much faster? Excuse me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka P.
Посмотреть сообщение
if not, then is it slower? alot or not that much?

I once saw ****** make a post about how it doesn't matter what type of saving system you use. You could use the old godfather saving method if you'd like. As long as the files are secure, with secure password methods, then it honestly doesn't matter. You won't notice speed difference as a regular player. Only time you'll notice speed difference, is if you log it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven82
Посмотреть сообщение
I once saw ****** make a post about how it doesn't matter what type of saving system you use. You could use the old godfather saving method if you'd like. As long as the files are secure, with secure password methods, then it honestly doesn't matter. You won't notice speed difference as a regular player. Only time you'll notice speed difference, is if you log it.
I really think that in some point, it really matters.. Otherwise, why even make faster ini systems anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka P.
Посмотреть сообщение
If you have a big playerbase it can be. If you have a small playerbase, there isn't a lot of data to save really. However with a large playerbase saving data to a database rather than text files is probably a faster option. I must stress however that this post may not be accurate or correct, as I only work with MySQL/SQLite, and not ini systems.

what you could do best by the way, is just use ysi's u_var system
you make your enum. but instead of new pVar[MAX_PLAYERS][playerdata]; you use uvar pVar[MAX_PLAYERS][playerdata];
bam, automatic saving!