Ideas? School Closed Information Website?

Hello,

Don't we all love to hear the words "School Closed". Well this has sparked a new idea in my head, after today listening to the radio today, my school was announced closed tomorrow due to stormy weather. This was great news for many kids in my county, but I noticed something, I was alerted by the radio? Now, my school does have a phone system that will call you and alert you but for some reason many parents has expressed on ******** today they did not receive a call for the past couple of times. This made me think, "www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com"? Why not build a site similar but it tells if your school is closed based on your town/county. This would also have a potential of having a text messaging service that would text you if your school it closed or letting out early. With all this information, I have begin brain storming, with this I have a couple of question for the SAMP community:

How are you alerted when your school closes early/closes?
Would you visit this site if there is a possible school closing?
Do you think this website would benefit people around the world?
Do you have any ideas that would improve this site?

Thanks.

Positive and Negative Criticism Is Welcomed!

Hmm, while it seems like a good idea...I am not sure how you will be able to monitor a lot of schools at once. Unless you somehow get permissions from say schools to have access to this information up front.

Well, I am thinking that school may submit there information to this site?.. This would cut the cost for a lot of school with automated call systems.

Your country has no news ? Where i live we always watch the news.

Honestly, if you would offer your services i would never go with them because i wouldnt trust them. I would always check with the news or weather or call my city and not look at a website made by god knows who.

And the school won't submit anything, they have better things to do.

Yea Haha, I live in US, Our country runs off news, but if you are a working parent, then you can't watch news?

My Canadian school district has a website which tells about school and bus cancellations. (ucdsb.on.ca or http://www2.ucdsb.on.ca/transportati...wcancelled.cfm)

[BTW, 2 minutes before I saw this thread I checked the weather and my school might be closed tomorrow...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
My Canadian school district has a website which tells about school and bus cancellations. (ucdsb.on.ca or http://www2.ucdsb.on.ca/transportati...wcancelled.cfm)

[BTW, 2 minutes before I saw this thread I checked the weather and my school might be closed tomorrow...]
I like this.

I live in cool state (best place in the world). We have this number we can call and find out ANY info.

cnn.com
ctv.com
bbc.com

news websites... or you can be an idiot and call 911.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение

+1 for Canada.