Suggestion - rules for hosted tab listing & new tabs

I took a look on how many servers there are in "Hosted" tab listing, and there is 196 servers. Are you serious? The problem is that plenty of servers have 0 players all the time. I think you should add rules for hosted tab listing and add "New" and "Featured" servers listing.

For example, you pay a price of 10Ђ (or as much as game-mp wants) a month, and you're server instantly goes to "New" server listing. If you pay regulary (3 month for example) for listing & your server have an average of 15 players or more per day (also, just example), you go to "Hosted" servers listing and after some time if your server have an average of 60-70 or more players per day, it goes to "Featured" servers list.

Basicly, "Featured" servers list would filter the best servers (like old "Official" servers list).

I'm not sure about the list names, it is just an example. I know this probably won't be accepted, but I just want to see something changed, SA-MP can't work like this anymore, it is bad for both server owners and players.

Sorry for my bad English.

You're theory is entirely based on "more players is better", but what about servers with, for example, 45 slots. It could be a game mode that just doesn't work right with more players, it could be full every day, but it still wouldn't be a good server by your standards.

That was just example, feel free to suggest something. My point is there needs to be some changes done.

My suggestion is to remove the hosted tab, so it will be fair for everyone

samp-rp ru got 10server in hosted tab. And other 0 player.

We were better off back in the day when you had to apply for a official listing.

^ my 2 cents.

That seems good applying for a listing that way the server lists doesn't get fill with 50000 server and only 10000 of them are coded from scratch and the rest are just straight off the forums

I think like %10 of the servers are scripted from scratch. It makes it hard for the people that are making there own scripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahippie
Посмотреть сообщение
That seems good applying for a listing that way the server lists doesn't get fill with 50000 server and only 10000 of them are coded from scratch and the rest are just straight off the forums

I think like %10 of the servers are scripted from scratch. It makes it hard for the people that are making there own scripts
This would be completely retarded to allow only servers with selfmade scripts, but really retarded.
If owners want players, they have to advertise their server

I think you're missing the point of the Hosted Tab.
It's a method of income for the SA:MP development team, so of course they'll want to cram as many servers on there as possible.
Whichever method of sorting the servers you come up with, will always be flawed in some way.

Although I agree that made-from-scratch scripts aren't getting the attention they deserve, it's important to note that servers depend on their communities; Although the scripts have a considerable influence, the main reason people stay is due to their enjoyment.
Without any disrespect, you could've made the most complex, advanced script, but it could also be the most boring gamemode as well. How does that make you better than a server using a Grandfather edit with a thriving community?

Personally, I'm happy with the way things are at the moment.
Using the hosted tab isn't a necessity, but it helps attract more users. It also pseudo-separates the more committed servers from the 'I've learnt how to port-forward, let's see how it goes' servers.

Well, that's just my 2 pennies.

Language/country specific servers should be removed from the hosted tab. Only international servers should be allowed. If I sort that list by amount of players and then look at the first "page" (so to speak), it is nearly entirely filled with Russian servers.