Question about personal items on plane?

Alright, on the 28th I am moving back to England. The airline says I can take a personal item free of charge. Like my suitcase and my carry-on, and then my personal item. Would me M-Audio Keyrig 49 count as a personal item? It is about the same size of a pram (buggy, stroller, whatever :P) it weighs about 4-5 pounds. Look like this, Each key looks to be about an inch, So I am guessing it is around 50-53 inches long. I have the box for it, it has a handle, Could I take it as a personal item? Sorry if I am confusing hah

I think yes..anyway they dont care how big it is they only care how much its weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER
Посмотреть сообщение
I think yes..anyway they dont care how big it is they only care how much its weight.
oh ok.

Size dosent matter, you have a max weight anything over you have to leave behind
What part of england u coming too?

Depends on the airline company. :P

Just spoken to a member of my staff who used to work at an airline, he said that'd it'd have to be checked into the hold with it being a large electrical item - Part's of the United Kingdom, especially London are tightening and putting in more security restrictions because of the Olympics, but you're best checking with your airline before hand just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler12
Посмотреть сообщение
Size dosent matter, you have a max weight anything over you have to leave behind
sorry I couldnt help myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler12
Посмотреть сообщение
Dorset? Do you know where that is? I forgot about England. So that's all I know :P