Previous PC World employment?

I was wondering if anyone has worked at PC World in the United Kingdom in the past? I've possibly got an interview lined up and am just wondering if people have any experiences with the company in the past or present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold
Посмотреть сообщение
I was wondering if anyone has worked at PC World in the United Kingdom in the past? I've possibly got an interview lined up and am just wondering if people have any experiences with the company in the past or present.
I know you need to be very polite, and know your way around a PC (obviously) A friend worked there for a while and said it wasn't a brilliant job, but wasn't the worst. It helps if you appear to be happy and confident too.

I know all of this is standard stuff for an interview, but doing this with an interview with them is bound to help.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Personally though, I feel that PC World aim more for people that would rather sell than know what they're talking about. I've been there before and half of their staff just try to sell the highest pricing product, not knowing the differences between processors, ram, hard drives, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, I know what you mean. Personally though, I feel that PC World aim more for people that would rather sell than know what they're talking about. I've been there before and half of their staff just try to sell the highest pricing product, not knowing the differences between processors, ram, hard drives, etc.
I hope PC World isn't as annoying as Best Buy here in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn
Посмотреть сообщение
I hope PC World isn't as annoying as Best Buy here in the US.
O yea, the only store where a 400 dollar computer costs 1200 due to "extra services" that arent needed.

PC World? I hope you have computer knowledge last time I went to PC world I asked where the Processers were. He said 'Whats a processor'. Then I said back 'The thing you put inside a computer to process imformation, A Centrol Processing Unit'. He said 'Let me go and get somone to help you'. As he was doing that I left, THey are right idiots at PC World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRYUNIBROW
Посмотреть сообщение
O yea, the only store where a 400 dollar computer costs 1200 due to "extra services" that arent needed.
HERE IS SOME GREAT SOFTWARE!! EBAY APPLICATIONS! NETFLIX! MCAFFEEE FREEEE TRIAL!!

I hate those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
PC World? I hope you have computer knowledge last time I went to PC world I asked where the Processers were. He said 'Whats a processor'. Then I said back 'The thing you put inside a computer to process imformation, A Centrol Processing Unit'. He said 'Let me go and get somone to help you'. As he was doing that I left, THey are right idiots at PC World.
That happened to me in BestBuy. I asked the sales rep if the gpu was a good one for enb (at the time I had no idea of the AMD Radeon hierarchy). It barely ran enb at medium settings.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
HERE IS SOME GREAT SOFTWARE!! EBAY APPLICATIONS! NETFLIX! MCAFFEEE FREEEE TRIAL!!

I hate those people.
After my experience at BestBuy, I went straight to Staples and bought the PC there. Got it for selling price + tax. Good service.

IMO, PC World sounds like a BestBuy type store. They sell electronics but have no idea what they are selling. They give the standard replies straight out of the textbook of being a sales rep (if there is one).

I've sent my C.V. in, so fingers crossed I guess.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

I hate those people.
I bought a computer from PC World, and it will probably be one of the biggest regrets in my life due to that very reason. For the same price, you can get a computer with an actual graphic card, and not some Intel 128MB shit mounted on the mobo + of course it isn't filled with 189389372878163816871819MB of useless apps.

And about their staff, always helpful, yeah. But never know anything about their stock, as said in this topic. I asked a guy for a keyboard once whether it's in stock, he went to check and said "No". We found one on the shelf while looking through a different section 10 minutes later.