New Keys

I needed to know what the key is for a certain letter on the keyboard, and I tried to use the command, GetPlayerKeys, but for some reason it didnt work.
Could somebody tell me what "Y" is on newkeys?

Thanks!

At present time, you cannot detect specific keyboard keys. You can only detect keys used by the game, but every player can change their key setup in the settings.

Is there one for "Y"?

Код:
KEY_YES
I found this line in the ls_elevator, it uses Y to initiate the Dialog.
This is the whole line.

pawn Код:
(newkeys & KEY_YES)

KEY_YES is generally bound to the letter Y. But like I said, players can change their setup and assign, for example, the letter P to KEY_YES. You'll have to accommodate for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
KEY_YES is generally bound to the letter Y. But like I said, players can change their setup and assign, for example, the letter P to KEY_YES. You'll have to accommodate for that.
Moments like these very seldom happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
Source? The first thing I ever do on a game is change the keys because they always have slightly different defaults and I want my defaults. It might be rare, but you can't ignore it - that's why "~k~" exists.
I am referring to the player changing the Y key. Yes, people do it. I am just saying it shouldn't be stressed too much since it is rare.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sorry, but I'm really quite against that attitude - not just in this case from you, but in general. I have JavaScript disabled in my browser, I may be in the minority, but I still exist. I have written to countless websites to complain about their user experience simply because they decided to ignore JavaScript disabling because it is rare - I can't do ANYTHING on any Gawker website any more (and I used to frequent three of them)! Other MAJOR websites I have to use the mobile version of because the main one is just as broken without JS (even when they claim to support it).

Similarly, colour vision is rare, but you still need to take in to account (I'm specifying this disability as few others affect PC media).

In this case, the fix is so simple that it SHOULD be stressed. Instead of saying "press Y to do X", simply say "press YES to do X" and leave it up to the player to know which key to press.

Sorry for the slight rant, but accessibility is an important issue (you don't even know the player is using a keyboard)...
I absolutely agree with you 100 percent. It's just that; well let's face it. You are a damn genius! There aren't a lot of ******'s in the SA-MP community. I am just trying to say that of course people do it so you must acknowledge it, but it is also rare.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not sure what's up but I've been a little argumentative today, so sorry about that post (although my point still stands). You are right that some people are more skilled than others, but I do feel that it's important in those cases to point out pitfalls to others such that they can address them.
Oh, don't apologize. It is always important to bring up anything that could cause any problem in the user-interface even if you have to be argumentative.

Now @Nuke547. In light of ******'s point I recommend changing the key for the minority who have edited their key setup.

Also, what is "N"?