Hosted list

Hello,

I've been lurking these forums for the last 3-4 years and I have registered several accounts but I never bothered actually becoming an active poster. Hopefully with this post that will be the start of change in that. I've been part of several communities including SARP, NGG/NGRP and currently (my final stay at SA-MP) HRP, but that aside since it's not relevant to this thread.

Now it is my understanding that the SA-MP team directly manages game-mp.com but I am not entirely certain. I have tried inquiring about this by contacting the SA-MP team via e-mail and I hope to receive a response some time but for now that's as much as I know. If it is the case that the SA-MP team manages the hosted list completely and all payments go to them then I believe some changes should be put in place to make the hosted list a more exclusive list. I am sure many of you remember the official list that was an exclusive list that was hard to get on, but unfortunately the hosted list allows for anyone with an account to register any server regardless of the activity on that server. The result is a ton of servers on the hosted list with less than 20 players and even tons of servers with a consistent 0 players. I am sorry to say but these servers must take a step back and build a community before they are placed on the hosted list.

My suggestion is as following:
Any server that consistently has less than a certain amount of players (i.e. 5-20) for more than a certain period of time (i.e. 1-2 weeks) should be removed from the hosted list with or without a refund (I don't really mind either way).

Edit: I would also like to express support for this thread https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=312203 and any other attempts to make the hosted list a more exclusive list.

I completely agree with you.

At this moment, people think getting on the hosted list gets em shitload of players, which is completely wrong..

Nonetheless, there are still 0.3b servers on the hosted list...

I still think we were way better of when someone had to make a post and get accepted to be on the offical servers list. That should come back, but it probaly wont. We could still have the hosted list. (The official list would only have like 5 servers on it like back in the day)

It was almost impossible to get on the hosted list back on the day it was also unfair for servers honestly only "well know" servers would get on the hosted list, and this would always push your server to the "limit" of players.

I do still like the "official list" way more then "hosted list" i remember getting a server that i managed on the official list and it was not easy to get there, and i had to talk with a few beta testers before it could get in ( even though i had everything that was required and it took more then 1 month to be there )

However i do agree that hosted list is a crowded but it shouldn't stop existing, not only it helps sa-mp it also helps boosting up any server at startup ( no matter how much servers you have there, there are always way less then on internet list ) and it helps paying for sa-mp related things by SA-MP team ( this website costs money )

Now with that being said i agree on adding official list again but i don't agree much in make "hosted" list exclusive.

I agree with you Zhao.
I think that should be limited, you're right in that aspect.

'hosted' tab is here to help new servers become players.
So i don't agree with that what you wrote.

my work here is done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj101
View Post
I still think we were way better of when someone had to make a post and get accepted to be on the offical servers list. That should come back, but it probaly wont. We could still have the hosted list. (The official list would only have like 5 servers on it like back in the day)
That's the way I would've said it.
Some kinda "applications" for hosted list.

I just have the perfect idea!

Why change the hosted list back to an officials list?
Why remove the hosted list?
No! None of both, just keep the histed list and add a second list! The good old officials list.

This way, people will keep paying for getting in that stupid list because their server isn't good enough to be on the officials list -> samp keeps it's income.

And the severs that are indeed good enough, can stop paying and they can move on to the great officials list.
This list should have no more then 20-25 servers, and some inspection team should come check out your server to see if it's indeed a good server.
If not possible, we can still make the server owners post a topic for applying to the officials list.

So, what do you think about this?

I'd like to see the official list come back, but I think someone in the beta team already guaranteed that won't ever happen again .

Otherwise, I know many servers that actually try to keep players active on their server and generally bother to maintain it would really appreciate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj101
View Post
I only wish we could do that again! If the SA-MP team chose a few people to run the official tab, then I'm sure it would work out much better than this damned hosted tab. I understand the hosted tab is SA-MP's only source of income, so perhaps official listings cost 12 euro/month too...?

Well i joined when sa-mp had 0.3b, what is official tab actually?

Do you mean the "Hosted Tab"? It is the Tab where all of the Hosted servers from Game-MP/ServerFFS is Hosted, you must use PayPal inorder to Host your Dedicated server though.

No, Official like realcop said. There is no Official tab on sa-mp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanush123
Посмотреть сообщение
No, Official like realcop said. There is no Official tab on sa-mp
Basically, it was where servers were reviewed by members of the SA-MP team and if they met the requirements, they were added to the official tab. It was a much better, and well managed, version of the hosted tab.

I disagree with this idea. One of main reasons why the hosted list exists is so you can get your server off the ground and get a regular player base going. If you're already averaging more than 20 players on at a time then you don't need the hosted list. But of course it's a good idea to stick with it to keep regular activity.

I think we should just limit accounts to 1-2 servers.

I'm gonna be straight forward I had a community that was topping out at maybe 25 players a day and then I put us on the hosted tab I topped out at like 80 the following day. It does help build up your community but the issue is is all these servers that are a complete copy of each other.

If anything I think there should be servers that earned the right to be there, as in servers like NG-RP, crazy bobs, H:RP, and all the rest with the unique scripts. Not the other ones because legit I've seen 3-4 NG:RP edits on there, a shit ton of released game mode scripts. Basically it should be limited to uniqueness.

Either that or charge 100$, then 10$ after that. No one will bitch if you have a community

I Totally Disagree with that idea - Because if we get Official list only "Known Scripters" will get their Servers on it - Actaully , None of the "Big" servers are unique - SARP / USRP / NGRP are GF Edit , And H:RP is a NGRP Edit, None of those can be named as "unique" - So , If we get such list - only "known" people will get their servers there , So.. I Disagree with it..

EDIT:

to reach your servers goal Zhao, which I assume is getting to where NGG is, is to have more recognition by advertising on *******, showing unique features throughout the community, having the server's admins to help REDUCE dming (since, it's pretty frequent), and have people satisfied inside the server.

You'll reach that point though! (I'm averaging from 20's to 40's atm with my server, still need to get recognition)

They should remove the servers that is ALWAYS empty from hosted tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanush123
Посмотреть сообщение
They should remove the servers that is ALWAYS empty from hosted tab
Not really, people paid to be on that list.

The official tab was great and featured quality servers. Hope it comes back one day!