Hosted list

Sorry, but put yourself in the shoes of a server with few, or even no active players - I bet the owner isn't happy, and just to piss him off that extra bit, you rip him off.

Some servers are made and grow rapidly because of the hosted list. I agree, there is too many server's currently on it, but this is not the way to stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh
Посмотреть сообщение
I think we should just limit accounts to 1-2 servers.

I'm gonna be straight forward I had a community that was topping out at maybe 25 players a day and then I put us on the hosted tab I topped out at like 80 the following day. It does help build up your community but the issue is is all these servers that are a complete copy of each other.

If anything I think there should be servers that earned the right to be there, as in servers like NG-RP, crazy bobs, H:RP, and all the rest with the unique scripts. Not the other ones because legit I've seen 3-4 NG:RP edits on there, a shit ton of released game mode scripts. Basically it should be limited to uniqueness.

Either that or charge 100$, then 10$ after that. No one will bitch if you have a community
The most stupid idea ever.

Why was the official tab removed anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Shred
Посмотреть сообщение
Why was the official tab removed anyway?
Because those servers where the main target for DDos attacks.

Here's what I think.

They should bring back the Official list 5-8 servers limit. They should continue to have the hosted tab with 100-150 limit. Owners of server would pay to get their server on the hosted tab (Income for SA:MP). Which would help build-up their daily player-base. Excellent servers that are on hosted tab would be awarded to be on Official.

It's so difficult to get on the hosted tab and a lot of server that are already there aren't progressing (0/10 players). If your server have been on the 1-2 months tops and haven't reach a player's base of 10-20 players daily It would be cut out of the hosted tab allowing others to register or apply for hosted tab.

So here's my idea.

You have to make a application to get your server on hosted tab.
If there's a server that haven't progressed in the last 1-2 months It would be removed and the owner will receive a message. After the server is removed another application would be reviewed an allow to have their server on the hosted tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas.
Посмотреть сообщение
Here's what I think.

They should bring back the Official list 5-8 servers limit. They should continue to have the hosted tab with 100-150 limit. Owners of server would pay to get their server on the hosted tab (Income for SA:MP). Which would help build-up their daily player-base. Excellent servers that are on hosted tab would be awarded to be on Official.

It's so difficult to get on the hosted tab and a lot of server that are already there aren't progressing (0/10 players). If your server have been on the 1-2 months tops and haven't reach a player's base of 10-20 players daily It would be cut out of the hosted tab allowing others to register or apply for hosted tab.

So here's my idea.

You have to make a application to get your server on hosted tab.
If there's a server that haven't progressed in the last 1-2 months It would be removed and the owner will receive a message. After the server is removed another application would be reviewed an allow to have their server on the hosted tab.
Or keep it simple and take the dead servers off of the hosted list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh
Посмотреть сообщение
I think we should just limit accounts to 1-2 servers.

I'm gonna be straight forward I had a community that was topping out at maybe 25 players a day and then I put us on the hosted tab I topped out at like 80 the following day. It does help build up your community but the issue is is all these servers that are a complete copy of each other
Agree, the accounts should be limmited to 2 servers.
And yes the hosted list does help you getting started, Some people think they have to be always at the hosted list to hold their players, Answer is NO, If I found anice server I add it to my favourites.

And if I wanna play sa:mp I don't gonna looks at the hosted list where ur server is but
In the favourites list, So if you have a playerbase 80-100 and you dont buy a place at the hosted list anymore, then you maybe will lose 5-10 players.

Yeah. The official tab system was actually very good. This new hosted tab system really sucks. I don't want to explain how it sucks, you can see it in the previous posts lol.