Just thought I'd bring something up...

Just thought I'd bring something up. It appears to me from my eyes that when users post advertisements (Not advertisements when selling scripts), they constantly state what their gamemode consists of (I'm talking about resources, such as plugins, includes, ect). Honestly, no one cares if your server is SQL, Y_INI or Dini based. Or if the commands are processed using ZCMD/ Y_CMD, ect. Users aren't going to join a server just because it's using the 'right' items. They are looking for uniqueness within a gamemode most likely.

when (not if) i see such a list of worthless tech details, i skip the advert and know already that most of the parts are copy-n-pasted (script, sadly). its like playing games: ppl dont care for the engine the game is built on, they want to know gameplay elements. if i know that my userdata is stored safely, its good to know. anyways ty, *****, you gave me the idea to try different salts when hashing passwords.
oh, i cant resist to write that: a scripter should tell what sorting methods he is using (bubble<quick<radix), but nvm lol

I agree with you partially but having to use these resources can increase performance of your gamemode which makes it satisfying for players to stop having to be delayed for a simple command, looking for a specific account inside a database, running raw loops without protection which eats your memory like a hungry bear.

That's what most of the time the server owner/op is just trying to point out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
View Post
I agree with you partially but having to use these resources can increase performance of your gamemode which makes it satisfying for players to stop having to be delayed for a simple command, looking for a specific account inside a database, running raw loops without protection which eats your memory like a hungry bear.

That's what most of the time the server owner/op is just trying to point out.
Yes but when they release Call of Duty they don't tell you all the details about their database etc. because players aren't bothered by that, they just want to know:

• What's added
• What's removed
• What's changed

Very good point.

Could come in usefull if the server is looking for devoleperds.