Server frozen??!

Hi people, today I had some strange problem. Server just frozed for no reason few times. I opened log file and found this

Quote:

[10:24:18] [chat] [Alien]: policetony come to sniper dm
[10:24:21] [chat] [san]: where r we going
[10:24:25] [chat] [RzVn]: stop here
[10:24:27] Incoming connection: 121.97.136.160:2644
[10:24:28] [join] con has joined the server (36:121.97.136.160)

as you can see this player "con" frozed the server every time he joined and server just stop responding.
Is this a hack or something else?

Have you got a define? Some people use #define MAX_PLAYERS.

Maybe you have it too low and he is exceeding it... Apart from that, i'll leave this one to the pro's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamM
View Post
Have you got a define? Some people use #define MAX_PLAYERS.

Maybe you have it too low and he is exceeding it... Apart from that, i'll leave this one to the pro's
Yes I have, the problem is caused by only one player so I think is not this.
Thx anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lang Trang Gang
View Post
Try to create a folder or a text file in windows named as "con", "lpt1", or "aux".. You got error messages? Yep.. is your sa-mp server a Windows server? Thats the problem.. Blacklist all these names and the problem is solved...

Code:
Windows forbids the use of the MS-DOS device names AUX, CLOCK$, COM1, …, COM9, CON, LPT1, …, LPT9, NUL and PRN, as well as these names with any extension (for example, AUX.txt), except when using Long UNC paths (ex. \\.\C:\nul.txt or \\?\D:\aux\con). (CLOCK$ may be used if an extension is provided.) The Win32 API strips trailing space and period (full-stop) characters from filenames, except when UNC paths are used. These restrictions only apply to Windows; Linux NTFS allows the use of the " * : < > ? \ | characters.
From wikipedia

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_can%27...dows_or_MS-DOS
More info here
It could be this, I had no this problem on linux host before.
Next time I will ask ****** firts too
Thx for the tip

EDIT: Just added this name to blacklist but no effect, server froze before blacklist even opens.Only solution is moving back to linux host.

Either that or add some letters to that name on the folder

Another would, ask someone of your friends to join with that name, so he can't join anymore :P

Use MySQL, or add the number 1 in front of flat files...