Web Development scripts

I've been pondering over which one to use to create a full fledged interactive site (like a social network, web 2.0 e.t.c) To use with php, html or html5, ajax or jquery or Actionscript.

Eclipse.

what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourceCode
Посмотреть сообщение
what?
Are u retarded?

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripac
Посмотреть сообщение
No, i'm not sir, I never heard of it, so i asked what it is

Eclipse is just an environment or SDK rom what i've read. There are wide range of languages for web development like Jsp / servlets, ruby, ruby on rails, perl, python, ajax

which is efficient and good for building a robust site

PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and some Ajax. These are the best combinations! xD You can make an epic site if you use these languages, if that is what you are asking

@DirtyLilFreak that's what i thought before clogging up my mind browsing and i found many alternatives and stuff. ******* used Ruby on rails, and e.t.c, Do you think its good to handle tons of data through php?
__

******** used alot of languages like c++, java e.t.c in the backend, What exactly do they do? i mean a clone such as phpfox uses just php and mysql and html, what ******** make use of c++ , java e.t.c? we don't have acesss to use them by normal hosting. I wanted to know what c++ was for, actually isn't it enough to use php for server side scripts, mysql for database (storing everything) and ajax or javascript to dynamically update wall posts? what else is required? and wtf is memchached for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourceCode
Посмотреть сообщение
@DirtyLilFreak that's what i thought before clogging up my mind browsing and i found many alternatives and stuff. ******* used Ruby on rails, and e.t.c, Do you think its good to handle tons of data through php?
__

******** used alot of languages like c++, java e.t.c in the backend, What exactly do they do? i mean a clone such as phpfox uses just php and mysql and html, what ******** make use of c++ , java e.t.c? we don't have acesss to use them by normal hosting. I wanted to know what c++ was for, actually isn't it enough to use php for server side scripts, mysql for database (storing everything) and ajax or javascript to dynamically update wall posts? what else is required? and wtf is memchached for?
C++ and Java is used as wrapper plugins, just like GD plugin for PHP or MySQL J/MXJ ODBC connector for java. Memcached is a plugin which stores arbitrary data making it cache faster when required. Also ******** uses it's own web servers similar to Apache, try Python and Jython.

PHP and MySQL alone can't handle some complicated things, thus there is a requirement for more powerful language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlawless
Посмотреть сообщение
PHP and MySQL alone can't handle some complicated things, thus there is a requirement for more powerful language.
I can agree on that one but I have no idea about the rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlawless
Посмотреть сообщение
C++ and Java is used as wrapper plugins, just like GD plugin for PHP or MySQL J/MXJ ODBC connector for java. Memcached is a plugin which stores arbitrary data making it cache faster when required. Also ******** uses it's own web servers similar to Apache, try Python and Jython.

But i didn't anything that complicated in fb, the surface features and functionality seem scriptable using PHP and MYSQL, with wrapper, is it possible to call entire functions? are they custom made or available for download? web server that can compute and decrypt c++ and java, nice