[FilterScript] 2K-NOS - Simple, easy, and Plug and Play!

2K-NOS

Introduction

2K-NOS is the beginning of a series of Filterscripts I am going to release to the SA:MP community. This script features minimal effort to edit, only requiring a few lines to be edited, with the ability to not edit anything, just throw it in your Filterscripts folder and load it, and play!

Download

> Pastebin Link

How to's

You are able to edit virtually anything about this script, if you have the knowledge. This is alike every other filterscript released here, but I have made it extra easy by creating defines at the top of your script to help assist you in the editing of it.

Changing the NOS key:

Find
pawn Code:
#define     CHOOSE_YOUR_OWN_KEY         KEY_SUBMISSION
Edit KEY_SUBMISSION to the key of your choice (List of keys is available here)

Changing whether you want textdraws or messages:

Find
pawn Code:
#define     USE_MY_PRETTY_TEXTDRAWS     //Comment this if you do not want to use textdraws!
If you do not want textdraws - Comment this out like so:
pawn Code:
//#define       USE_MY_PRETTY_TEXTDRAWS     //Comment this if you do not want to use textdraws!
Changing how long the textdraws are viewable for:

Find
pawn Code:
#define     TEXTDRAW_SHOW_TIME          3 //in seconds
Edit 3 to the amount of seconds of your choice.

Bugs / Comments / Concerns

Post below, constructive criticism is always welcome!

- 2KY

Simple, but nice! I like how you can customize it a little with your defines.

i see a little problem: the textdraws - there are 3 setup, thats not much, hencing the limit of 2048.
creating 3 global textdraws to be shared by all players will show the same thing to each player, providing wrong informations/sending multiple players data to all players "simultaniously".
if you create 3x Textdraw[MAX_PLAYERS], then there will be almost 1500 wasted already - maybe a #define MAX_TEXTDRAWS to the "real" max players amount (lets say 100?) helps to reduces the amount.

Those textdraws are global, but the information never changes. There are no strings in there, so I don't possibly see how it could bug out.

o wow, i didnt recognize that. what a clever way for sharing one status display for an unlimited amount of players
edit: may i suggest you to use zcmd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babul
View Post
o wow, i didnt recognize that. what a clever way for sharing one status display for an unlimited amount of players
:P It's alright. It's just a simple NOS 'system' that I've seen requested by countless amounts of newbies that come here looking for plug and play scripts, so I figured I'd create this.

EDIT: I had this conversation with realcop before releasing this; There's really no point including and having to create a server package to use ZCMD when it's only one command, and some keystate code.