Client Bug: samp:// URL problem.

It's not a bug, only coding missue.

However, when clicking on a SA-MP link, the server should be added to favorites even if the client it's still running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3N3X
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not a bug, only coding missue.

However, when clicking on a SA-MP link, the server should be added to favorites even if the client it's still running.
Well, it can be argued that it is more of a preference, a specific, rather than a bug. However, I doubt it was intended to function that way, thus making it a type of a 'bug'. It can be annoying at times.

Confirmed, annoying.

There is nothing here to 'confirm'! It's not a bug. It IS intended to function the way it does (for obvious security reasons). For me, I always keep it open also, but it only about half a second to close it. Quit crying about it, go suggest they change it if you're not gonna stfu about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
There is nothing here to 'confirm'! It's not a bug. It IS intended to function the way it does (for obvious security reasons). For me, I always keep it open also, but it only about half a second to close it. Quit crying about it, go suggest they change it if you're not gonna stfu about it.
Should be more careful on how you act...

You try starting a URL with the samp:// method, then try opening another to do the same thing, which is simply trying to save favorites...

It ends up saying it's already open, when any other application you could name, would open, the same thing, again, and recognize that it was indeed called again, and that it could, save the server address also.

It can appear to be a bug, but it'd be more of an over-sight from devs, than a suggestion. After all, why open the launcher with both the option to save and launch the game, yet not have the launcher recognize that gta_sa is indeed open, or even launched, or that the save feature was the last used?

Needless to say, this, is existent. This is, annoying. And whether or not this is in the wrong section, maybe someone should put this thread in the right area, format followed or not, as it's something that is an issue for some people.

It's only an issue for those who cryed, including you. All you have to do is close it before going to the URL again, it's not that complicated, it's easy as exactly two clicks. You don't have to explain to me what you are talking about, I already know. It's not an issue for those who haven't cried (which is basically everybody on the forums). Like I said, this shouldn't be a report, but a suggestion to have it changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
It's only an issue for those who cryed, including you. All you have to do is close it before going to the URL again, it's not that complicated, it's easy as exactly two clicks. You don't have to explain to me what you are talking about, I already know. It's not an issue for those who haven't cried (which is basically everybody on the forums). Like I said, this shouldn't be a report, but a suggestion to have it changed.
I think you misunderstood what I said.

First off, we're not Crying, we're reporting something that isn't working as it should be... After all, why ask if the SAMP-URL you just used, needs to go to favorites or opened, without the program being aware that it's able to do that, run more than once, and do what is said in this thread.

Now, just because there's only a few of us reporting this, I think half of that would be to do with the simple concept of understanding what has been said. After all, Just look at the fool in the thread mentioning "double accounting"

Now, for you to be sitting in here accusing people of crying when the fact is, that most main programs, can figure out if they are running, and open what they were told to open without a problem... However, SA-MP doesn't do that, so if you're adding 6 favorites, you end up having to close SA-MP 6 times if you want to use the SAMP:// url method.

But really, in all honesty, If you're not here to post anything related to the report, and are only here to call names and make belittling remarks, you should just not post...