0.3d Processor Usage

Hello,

I'm sorry if this topic has been previously mentioned, but I've already searched and haven't found anything.

So, ever since 0.3d, my processor usage has been...quite random. Once I enter a server it will be constant until I leave, but that "constant usage" changes each time I enter the game - even on the same server! I was wondering if this had to due with the 0.3d update for "- Major performance improvements and smoother game-play."

Sometimes it will be at 90% and other times 40%. On previous versions, it would always be running 50-60%. Could anyone explain this to me? I am running both cores enabled and have an AMD Athlon II x2 ~ 2.0 GHz.

Tried fiddling around with the multicore option?

So? Games are designed to be able to use as much CPU as they can get, or what is needed for the game.
When SA:MP improved the game, GTA SA was able to locate more CPU, so that why it's using more.
Besides, 2ghz isn't that much, GTA SA was designed for single core CPU's, so i won't be supprised if it used 90% at 2ghz.

I have an AMD Phenom II X4 955 ~ 3.2 GHZ (Quad Core).
I runned the game, and did some basic things, core #1 used about 60-90% CPU, core 2 3 and 4 only used about 5% with multicore enabled.
I have a constant 100 FPS ingame and it stays at that, probably due to SA:MP/GTA SA set a framelimiter.

@Karlip: Yes. It runs one at 80-100% at all times while other is untouched, and I get bad performance.

@WackoX: I know it isn't anything unusual to be running at that performance, but I'm very scared as far as overheating and such things go. According to ****** search, my laptop already runs hotter than others (both idle and while running apps) despite cleaning the inside and running with a cooling pad.

@******: I suppose that's right, but like I said to WackoX, I'm cautious about overheating. Also, there is no increased performance from in-game (in fact, it seems to be worse at times), hence is why I'm somewhat upset with this.

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and it sometimes hits 100% processing power for a few seconds when opening ****** Chrome. I think it's pretty common depending on how old your computer is- as mine's about 4 years old now.

My players have been reporting the game lag in 0.3d.
I told them to turn off the multi-core jfeature in sa-mp.cfg ad they got it fixed.
I assume they have a dual-core processor.

This may explain how the multi-core feature affects the CPU usage, and the frame rate.

@******: Thanks, but I already use PCWizard 2010 to monitor my temperatures and another program (can't recall it's name at the time) to mess around with the fan speeds. I've already gone through many other forums and looked up some ways to reduce temperatures and change fans, but with no real significant outcome. However, that's not related to this issue, so I'll stop here.

@Realcop228: Yes, however, doing something like playing a game is more long-term. If it only lasted around 90% usage for a few minutes, I wouldn't mind.

@leong124: I've tried changing the multi-core option, like stated above. It just puts all the work on one core and gives me terrible frame rate. With it set to default, it's fine (although, there still is SOME decrease in FPS from other versions).

You might need to use http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dyna...42f&ItemID=153

Sorry for the late reply, I had just gotten back on to SA:MP this week.

@dugi: Thanks, but it doesn't seem to help at all. It'll drop about 5% of the usage, at best.

As for the general overall performance; it seems to be getting worse. My processor now runs at 95% at ALL times, even on a blank script in a home server that had a class and car. All I did was drive around, and the lag was noticeable. I'm simply wondering WHY the new SA:MP version is causing such a spike in usage, seeing as it is affecting my play.

I will re-install the older version 0.3c version soon (hopefully tomorrow) and see if the same happens there (though it hadn't before).