Can someone help me with this??!

Wile playing online,sa-mp.

So is that normal? I don't think it is. To me it should be balanced....anyway I noticed that when it becomes very unbalanced my modem tends to disconnect then reconnect,its really annoying because It only happens usually during game play. I have at&t Uverse,last time I had this issue I checked with them,and they couldn't really do anything about it besides sending someone over to check it out. I am connected to a Linksys router which is connected to a motorola modem,which is connected to a green wire,which is connected to a phone jack.I have no house phones so there shouldn't be any interference with my internet's DSL line..but I'm thinking its somthing to do with my PC since the fact is that it only happens during gameplay,I could be surfing the web for hours and nothing,the modem won't crash or anything.

I hope someone out there knows whats wrong and could possibly help me with this annoying issue.

Thanks for reading...
-Andrew

Regular Internet Surfing[No *******,Video Sites etc]

Watching Videos,downloading/uploading a small file[*******,Uploading these images,etc]

____

That is normal, here is mine in comparison. It's not balanced at all

If anything you are receiving more packets than sending due to you downloading more than you upload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Яeʌǝɹsǝ
Посмотреть сообщение
That is normal, here is mine in comparison. It's not balanced at all

If anything you are receiving more packets than sending due to you downloading more than you upload.
Are you sure? So why is my modem crashing then? It only happens to me during game play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passout
Посмотреть сообщение
Are you sure? So why is my modem crashing then? It only happens to me during game play.
Throttled bandwidth? What's the speed of your net? Speedtest.net also do pingtest.net to check your line quality. Websites may be fine to load, however games/radios need constant bandwidth (Multiplayer games obviously).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Яeʌǝɹsǝ
Посмотреть сообщение
Throttled bandwidth? What's the speed of your net? Speedtest.net also do pingtest.net to check your line quality. Websites may be fine to load, however games/radios need constant bandwidth (Multiplayer games obviously).
After 3 test. Avg is about 2.0

Also I forgot to mention this was occurring yesterday,very very frequently...so I decided last night to unplug the modem and the router,I left them off,unplugged, till this morning when I woke up.

btw thanks for your help so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passout
Посмотреть сообщение
After 3 test. Avg is about 2.0

Also I forgot to mention this was occurring yesterday,very very frequently...so I decided last night to unplug the modem and the router,I left them off,unplugged, till this morning when I woke up.

btw thanks for your help so far
Line quality isn't the best, you could be dropping packets when you are playing games. This isn't really possible to be with your PC. It's more to do with your Modem to your ISP.

I'm guessing under load your bandwidth is getting throttled or you are getting packet loss, if you can while playing a game and you notice it do a pingtest again. It's not really easy to diagnose anything without physically being there.

Here we are on that,I was on a online sa-mp server.

The connection probably isn't only dropping while playing on SA:MP, you just don't notice as you aren't using something that requires a constant connection. If that is the case, which use to be mine, stream a live radio or something alike and see how long it holds. If it disconnects after an amount of time, you know that this is something to do with your internet.

If the above is true, you have the problem I once had. Simply call your ISP and explain to them that your connection is constantly dropping after x amount of minutes. Mine came and juiced up the lines some, and it has been fine ever since.