running server in home

hey guys i want to run my server in home . but my net is limited . i can use 4gb traffic per month. and my modem is Tp Link TD-W8101G . so there are 2 questions :
1.will my modem get distroyed if i turn it on everyday?
2.how much does a player use from my net traffic space?

1. Are you joking?!
2. Try this: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...03&postcount=9

lol don't think about it then if ur net is limited / u are getting a homehost cause homehost servers LAGS AS HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fames
Посмотреть сообщение
lol don't think about it then if ur net is limited / u are getting a homehost cause homehost servers LAGS AS HELL
No it doesn't, only if you got a really slow connection.

---- On Topic: I don't think you should have many players on also. This will also use high amount of bandwidth and may cause much lagg.

If you have a bandwith limit that is like 5GB, don't do it. You will explode the 5GB. Also, it won't lag if you have an HighSpeed internet connection.

^ Correct. You should get another one to host your server, maybe a friend or something that hasn't the limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcock
Посмотреть сообщение
^ Correct. You should get another one to host your server, maybe a friend or something that hasn't the limits
or even better,get a modem with DHCP cabel from some company.. local internet

There is many reasons why homehosting will never be right for sa-mp servers..

1. Your ISP my not allow you to host gameservers.
2. Bandwidth limits (as you said).
3. Can your PC handle a sa-mp server with x amount of slots?

Hosting a sa-mp server doesn't cost that much. You should check out this thread.
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=189169

my PC hardware is good for hosting... and i want to host my server in home for a period of time and my net speed is 128 kb :S so i cant have? :S what about my modem? is it ok? :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcock
Посмотреть сообщение
i think im the only person in my city who spends lots of time with computer and internet... all of them are noob in computer ...even they dont know how to make a simple blog! some of them have net but their net are limited too... there is no good unlimited net in my ******* country! >:/ . unlimited ones are 70$ per month and the speed is 65kb!!!