Programming language.

hello everyone,

Today I decided to move on and choose another programming language to learn. In any case I like PAWN and love to scripting it. I have writed my own gm (from empty paper) since 2010-11-02 and still developing it - I wrote over 30 000 lines in my mode and it surprizes me how i'm deep into this... : D, but it's time to explore something new, but it's hard to choose what language study now.

In school i'm learning pascal (first year of programming, last of school), I don't really like it, so basiclly I know two languages - PASCAL/PAWN. So I was wondering maybe someone can suggest some language to learn, of course with reason why?

I was thinking of - php, because it looks nice and you can use it in so many ways... But I was tryin' to learn it a year ago and it doesn't went ok... : D In any case that time I don't know PAWN either...

Waitin' for replies.

Regards, Tomas.

Yes: PHP, C#, or C++

No: Visual Basic, and about every other language

I recommend not starting with C++ (or c#) if you got experience in object orientated programming. Better try java instead, it is more likely a "beginner OOP language" (doesnt mean you cant do awesome things with it). The other two are way too complex to start with in my opinion.
C is also a nice thing to start with, as this is like the "standard language"

Java or C(++, #)

C++/C#. I prefer the c# because is stronger than c++ and you can do more things with it easily

C Sharp because all other programming language needs many libraries and some costs .

First of all Learn HTML > CSS > PHP + MYSQL > JAVASCRIPT > Others.

I'm learning PASCAL too, it's really simple and I'm good at it since I know the basics from PAWN. Now studying C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantelimonfl
Посмотреть сообщение
C++/C#. I prefer the c# because is stronger than c++ and you can do more things with it easily
C# isn't 'stronger' than C++ not even in the hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie`
Посмотреть сообщение
C# isn't 'stronger' than C++ not even in the hell.
Mhmm, you're right but the c++ takes more time to learn it than c#.