File / command system, which do you recommend?

Hi guys.

I'm starting a new project. I'm not entirely sure what file and command system I should use (e.g. dFile, dos2, y_ini, zcmd, ycmd etc.). What do you recommend, and why? (except mysql).

File system: Y_INI
Reason: I think that you should use this file system. It's fast, efficiently-coded, & doesn't take up much CPU usage on execution. It might be hard to some people, but if you read a whole Y_INI tutorial thoroughly, you will understand the basics quickly. It was made by ******.

Command processor: ZCMD
Reason: I think that you should use this command processor. Like Y_INI, it's fast, efficiently-coded and doesn't take up much CPU usage on execution. It's also easy to use, rather than the old 'strcmp' checks (although strcmp is to compare strings, and it's often used under OnPlayerCommandText. It was made by Xeex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
File system: Y_INI
Reason: I think that you should use this file system. It's fast, efficiently-coded, & doesn't take up much CPU usage on execution. It might be hard to some people, but if you read a whole Y_INI tutorial thoroughly, you will understand the basics quickly. It was made by ******.

Command processor: ZCMD
Reason: I think that you should use this command processor. Like Y_INI, it's fast, efficiently-coded and doesn't take up much CPU usage on execution. It's also easy to use, rather than the old 'strcmp' checks (although strcmp is to compare strings, and it's often used under OnPlayerCommandText. It was made by Xeex.
I would recommend the same but only for the file system ( you call it file system ). But for the command processor I would recommend y_command. It has the same processing speed as ZCMD but gives alot of additional features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhrab_mujeeb
Посмотреть сообщение
I would recommend the same but only for the file system ( you call it file system ). But for the command processor I would recommend y_command. It has the same processing speed as ZCMD but gives alot of additional features.
if it is the "Same Speed" as Y_command why waste the time learning a new system, if obviously Zcmd is sufficient enough for most users needs.

May I ask OP, what is "dos2"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborific
Посмотреть сообщение
if it is the "Same Speed" as Y_command why waste the time learning a new system, if obviously Zcmd is sufficient enough for most users needs.

May I ask OP, what is "dos2"?
Double-O-Steven 2? Sorry if I'm wrong, I think that's what it's called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
Firstly it's not the same speed, y_commands is actually slightly faster. Secondly, they have the same interface so you don't need to learn anything new if you already know ZCMD. Thirdly it has additional features such as in-built command permissions and command listings.

Frankly I'd recommend the OP just use the whole of YSI! It has a very simple user system, command processor, multiple languages, group permissions, and many other features to simplify mode development.
Firstly I was going off the assumption made by whom I quoted, I even parenthesised it.. Secondly, I shall check this "interface" if the syntax is the same I'm surely going to use it, thanks.

My statement still stands though, Zcmd is sufficient enough for most users needs.

NO_GROUPS() wont let me compile
pawn Код:
undefined symbol "__InitialiseFromGroups"
( 1008,1635, 1743 ) I'll stick with zcmd, seeming I couldn't compile.