How do i handle someone copying my server?

Someone opened there server "Fort Carson Roleplay" on december 15th 2011.

I have had my server "Fort Carson Roleplay" for a few months before december, how do i handle this and get them to change their name, it is allready taken by me...

I got friends and players on my server as proof of its existence, i even have a samp forums advertisement dated before they opened their fort carson roleplay...

Here: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=300752

How do i fix this so they change their name...

Hundreds of 'Fort Carson Roleplay' servers have existed even before this year, so you can't really claim it's your server name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
Hundreds of 'Fort Carson Roleplay' servers have existed even before this year, so you can't really claim it's your server name.
Exactly, unless of course you copyrighted the name years ago. Good luck with that though!

Oh, i thought if you had the name and no one else used it and you used it that it was yours and it couldn't be copied -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.Clement
View Post
Oh, i thought if you had the name and no one else used it and you used it that it was yours and it couldn't be copied -_-
You mean the samp-server.exe would close and the server_log.txt would say something like "Server name in use?"

If that's what you meant than no, nothing like that has ever existed and it's a little late to start something like that now. :/

You can't. Honestly they didn't copy your server, like Calgon and RealCop said above. Your technically copying Rockstar's GTA:SA small town's name. But beside that useless comment by me. You simply just can't The most you could do is just ask them politely to change their name.

i have a question, if someone copy your server name and your GM, you can do something?

Fort Carson is the name that is old and that everyone started using ages go. Thats why there are alot of Fort Carson RP'S.

Just get a new name of your rp.

Example..

Lost Village RolePlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk123
View Post
i have a question, if someone copy your server name and your GM, you can do something?
If you legally own the name of the server and have copyrighted the script (considering you wrote the entire mode), than yes. Otherwise you can't do anything about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
If you legally own the name of the server and have copyrighted the script (considering you wrote the entire mode), than yes. Otherwise you can't do anything about it!
what? i have to report the server whats copy me Here ?