Wtf windows 7 price

Cheapest version of windows 7 is $199 dollars?! WTF microsoft!

According to the microsoft website a home premium upgarde is $199.
(I am fed up of crappy vista.)

windows is always expensive... but we cant do anything about it.. look at all the ppl who created windows, all the hours. years of development..

What? If you think that's much then what do you think about the price of Adobe's Creative Suite ($800?) or AutoDesk 3D Studio Max ($3000)?

Upgrade should only be $99. Regular version is $200, $99 for OEM.

A warning to people who want to suggest illegal downloads(some posts were removed): you will be banned.

ON TOPIC: If you are a university/college student you should check if they have MSDNAA, you can download it for free from there for personal use.

For us Dutchies, there's a site for students where you can buy it for about €60, IIRC.
(The teacher version is only €17, and that's for Ultimate 64 bits.)

Oh yeah, forgot! A lot of schools offer free or discounted versions of Windows. You should really check, especially if your school specializes or has an academy for computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
For us Dutchies, there's a site for students where you can buy it for about Ђ60, IIRC.
(The teacher version is only Ђ17, and that's for Ultimate 64 bits.)
Erm, I'm Dutch and I have access to MSDN AA where you can download MS software for free. (but I'm an IT student so I guess that's why some get access and some don't)

Go to the junkyard. Find old crappy Windows 7 PC's people have thrown, take a picture of the license on their side. Go home.

Then download this (Fully legal as Microsoft provides it as long as you dont crack the CD key): http://forum.notebookreview.com/wind...ta-before.html

Start the installer by DVD, USB or direct install from the computer. Choose the right version (Probably Home Premiun), press install.

Enjoy your new legal system of Windows 7 for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravia Devaia
Посмотреть сообщение
Go to the junkyard. Find old crappy Windows 7 PC's people have thrown, take a picture of the license on their side. Go home.

Then download this (Fully legal as Microsoft provides it as long as you dont crack the CD key): http://forum.notebookreview.com/wind...ta-before.html

Start the installer by DVD, USB or direct install from the computer. Choose the right version (Probably Home Premiun), press install.

Enjoy your new legal system of Windows 7 for free.
If you are lucky enough to find a PC thrown that's Windows 7.