Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
I can't remember who posted this, but I'd love to see more client based functions such as map zooming, zoom access, access to waypoints(GetPlayerWaypoint(playerid, x, y, z), SetPlayerWaypoint(playerid, x, y, z), etc. These small functions allow us to do that much more.
I'd like to see client-side scripting in the first place. So much could be done client-side to reduce server-side overhead. Imagine a client-side speed-o-meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyula
View Post
I'd like to see client-side scripting in the first place. So much could be done client-side to reduce server-side overhead. Imagine a client-side speed-o-meter.
This is actually something I've actually thought about before. Since we don't provide sending textures, models, and other game modifying items, why not let us just send a script to the player?

It would have plugins and communication functions between the server and client. It would have client-side functions that we haven't had before that aren't available server-side.

It would open a lot more possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
This is actually something I've actually thought about before. Since we don't provide sending textures, models, and other game modifying items, why not let us just send a script to the player?

It would have plugins and communication functions between the server and client. It would have client-side functions that we haven't had before that aren't available server-side.

This does actually look cool, I'm sure Kalcor has something to say about it

Would be great if we could texture the skybox, much more possibilities than with SetWeather(). :P

More gym equipment, like more Machines for exercise, whey packages and others, set of weights, bench tables, rods etc...

Please add to RemoveBuildingForPlayer function to return the number of deleted objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post

We won't have client-side scripts because of PAWN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
View Post
However, before you start introducing PAWN to clients, you need to be VERY careful about where scripts come from. There are well known hacks in PAWN to execute arbitrary ASM - not a problem on servers but a huge problem on clients.
To have client-side scripts we would need to get rid of it and replace it with something better like LUA for example.

I think that it would be nice if you could disable the damage and fire whenever a vehicle flips over. I know that disabling damage is possible scriptwise, but smoke and sometimes fire will still appear, so it would be much better if we could disable all of this with a single function (if this would be possible to disable for the devs, atleast).

[REMOVED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnHunter
Посмотреть сообщение
thats police not sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest
Посмотреть сообщение
thats police not sheriff
Yeah and the nromal police isn't LS or SF or LV.

Don't expect them to add a sheriff skin to make it 8 slots left.

It would also be quite nice to have an auto updater built into the client, so players would not have to check back on the forums for a new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyula
Посмотреть сообщение
It would also be quite nice to have an auto updater built into the client, so players would not have to check back on the forums for a new version.
Although this would be a good idea to keep everything up to date (like Steam does). Some servers don't run immediately on the new version of samp, which could lead to players not being able to play on their favorite sever.

Or you could make use of the GetPlayerVersion(..);
and on player connect:

if(strcmp(version, "current version"))
// Send a message informing about there's a new update of samp then kick them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksken
Посмотреть сообщение
Although this would be a good idea to keep everything up to date (like Steam does). Some servers don't run immediately on the new version of samp, which could lead to players not being able to play on their favorite sever.
It doesn't necessarily have to update your client automatically. A notification would be completely sufficient, leaving the player the option to update at a later point.

Multiplication x2 the draw distance and can load objects x2
A ASIloader also allows you to add .asi in the 'scripts' folder for default. With Black Roads Fix

Play hard, that's all

Ability the train to derail like in singleplayer

Add LOS to chat bubbles!

PHP код:
Action(playerid);
Kick(playerid); 
Should execute the first action before kick, it's annoying that we have to set a timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinja
Посмотреть сообщение
PHP код:
Action(playerid);
Kick(playerid); 
Should execute the first action before kick, it's annoying that we have to set a timer
It's an obvious thing. They should be kicked as soon the function is called. And the actions are executed before the kick, but just not like you're thinking.