Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

GetVehicleSpawnPos(...);

That sounds like a function that would be in YSF, however it can be done easily through PAWN using ALS hooking to hook the original function and store the data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually... That's why water level mods replace all water with ONE water surface that covers all of the map.
So you get the Hunter Quarry and other below 0 surfaces flooded, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
So you get the Hunter Quarry and other below 0 surfaces flooded, right?
I didn't say there weren't downsides. Yes, that is correct.

Can't say I favored mods, but they're good for short term fun.
Anyway, as for a server side feature, if it will ever be possible water should be like making a gang zone, plus a height parameter, and of course the ability to remove the existing water levels.

I do remember making this suggestion a very very long time ago, and the answer I got was that it would be too buggy and glitchy and whatever.

This would raise mapping to a hole new level.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Can't say I favored mods, but they're good for short term fun.
Anyway, as for a server side feature, if it will ever be possible water should be like making a gang zone, plus a height parameter, and of course the ability to remove the existing water levels.

I do remember making this suggestion a very very long time ago, and the answer I got was that it would be too buggy and glitchy and whatever.

This would raise mapping to a hole new level.
Actually I was just thinking, this would go perfect with my CULL zone thread's problem. Since we can now remove ALL buildings in 0.3.7 it is VERY necessary to be able to remove/handle CULL zones. However, this would apply to water in the same way. If every building was removed, we would run into the dam water and float away! The water within boundaries should be removed alongside the buildings.

It should be possible. I mean if you go in game and look at the sea shore it can be noticed that the water surface is split in squares.
And water is not established by volume, it's just that surface object that should be removed. Also, removing cull zones would make the Eastern Basin easier to be explored, without the brightness going down.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It should be possible. I mean if you go in game and look at the sea shore it can be noticed that the water surface is split in squares.
And water is not established by volume, it's just that surface object that should be removed. Also, removing cull zones would make the Eastern Basin easier to be explored, without the brightness going down.
Editing water is very simple using water.dat (it's just quadrilaterals, triangles, and flags). The problem is editing the water in real time because currently it is runtime loaded.

Object: SA-MP launcher

When we add a new server IP but the server was added in our server list, the launcher will be automaticly show up the server info in the list.

Код:
PlayerPlaySound(playerid, soundid, Float:x, Float:y, Float:z, loop = false);
Make the actor walk for animations that move the actor.
example:
pawn Код:
ApplyActorAnimation(actorid, "PED", "WALK_CIVI", 4.0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0); // tested, doesn't work
Edit:

SetActorVirtualWorld(actorid, -1); for actor to appear in all worlds.

That's already been discussed and isn't really possible, you can find more information regarding actors here:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=572683

Q: I make actor's walk around?
A:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
Actors can't just walk anywhere because the server isn't running the game. There is no way to know how long it takes to get from point A to point B if there are unknown obstructions blocking the path.

That's why NPCs ended up having to use recordings. The only alternative was have players (which are running the game) sync them, and even the players do not have all of the San Andreas map data loaded at any given time.

It didn't seem like a good idea (in a game with 100's of players in the server) to have players responsible for syncing the actors. Players could easily mess with that data and disrupt the game.

So I can't easily add a function to make actors run to a certain point because it would not sync in all cases -- and scripters here would be crying "bug, bug!" even though it's just a limitation of what SA-MP is working with.

A "special" animation (like being handcuffed) that locks your left arm/hand to your side as if you're carrying something. Useful for things like briefcases, duffel bags, carrying holstered guns, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
I doubt that's possible. SendClientMessage draws text to the screen. There's no way to edit that text as it's already drawn to the screen.
And then every frame that text is redrawn on the screen. The text would be stored in a buffer of some sort as not only does it have to redraw every frame, it also has to redraw in new positions when new text is added and when the text box is scrolled.

It's possible

Abillity to Enable/Disable Pay n Sprays without adding any object outside.

Picture slide show for the televisions to look more realistic if possible to script a slide show pictures outside GTA SA objects.

Higher limited things, player slots, actors, remove buildings etc.

My suggestion is just a few simple changes that would only take 1-2 minutes to do:
  • Include the "IsValidVehicle" and "GetGravity" natives by default.
  • Define "SPECIAL_ACTION_PISSING" in a_samp.inc by default.
  • Define the bodyparts in a_samp.inc by default.
  • Define "KEY_AIM" in a_samp.inc by default (value = 128).
It's annoying to have to manually add them each time we want to make a gamemode.

Not sure if Kalcor would like it but would be interesting to add a skate paddle anim like R* did in Bully, so we could create skate systems with all the huge tools that we have today that Rockstar hadn't when GTA:SA has been created, they made a fishing anim, why not a skate paddle one?

What about creating more new skins for gang/band/mafia. That would be really great

Setting vehicle plates without requirement to restream it.