Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

The SA-MP should have an anti roof car surfing like in the GTA-SA single player C: because in some role play servers, I saw a lot of players surfing in the roof of the cars shooting cops like it's not a role play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
View Post
The SA-MP should have an anti roof car surfing like in the GTA-SA single player C: because in some role play servers, I saw a lot of players surfing in the roof of the cars shooting cops like it's not a role play
I think car surfing is actually a thing that was added manually to SAMP back when it was in its baby stages.

Please allow us to add more then 4 columns to a tab list dialog. Really need it.
And as a normal race checkpoint got added as an object please also the air race checkpoint corona thingy as an object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
Посмотреть сообщение
You can use the function GetPlayerSurfingVehicleID to check if the vehicle is surfing a vehicle, and GetPlayerWeapon to check if they are holding a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
Can you just check for me what kept San Andreas alive for all these years? I forgot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboeg
Посмотреть сообщение
SA-MP is a mod..
Yeah it was SA-MP and MTA. But this point I refuse to classify them as simple mods. They add stuff to the game, they don't change anything. I was talking about cleo mods and all that stuff that can be abused inside SA-MP. You know that.
I don't support them because I witnessed half of a server abusing them on new players, just because they were allowed to use it. Sure, I don't hate people for using mods, but if they want to use them, they should do it in the single player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboeg
Посмотреть сообщение
You can build a proper anticheat, or hire a decent staff team to clear the unwanted modders.
Yes, a good staff should take care of that problem, but in 7 years since I started playing sa-mp, I only met like 7 people that were completely worthy of my trust (call it bad luck). And 7 people can't handle a populated server 24/7.
Anti-cheats are limited. Take racing, for instance. Mods can be used in races in a subtle way, so they can pretend it's a lag issue. You need a lot of resources to perform a good scan. I, for one am not so experienced, but I am studying this issue at the moment and try to figure out a way to involve the players in reporting this kind of issues, but it's not that easy, considering the fact that reports can also be abused.
So my point still stands. Mods are an issue that should be dealt with within the client.

PS: Sorry to bring this up again...

I've seen on "sa-mp client" the feature language. I was browsing some servers and i've seen many servers calling their servers "English" but inside the server it's romanian/russian. I want to recommend also to this feature to disable players from putting "random text on it" except "script/server language". It's really annoying seen servers like this:

o_O serious ??

I dont know for real what's the point of the "language" it still the same like "mapname" nothing changed at all.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
Посмотреть сообщение
I want to recommend also to this feature to disable players from putting "random text on it" except "script/server language". It's really annoying seen servers like this:

o_O serious ??

I dont know for real what's the point of the "language" it still the same like "mapname" nothing changed at all.!
As ashamed as I am for people from my own country to be taken as such bad example, you're right.
And still, a server that has "o_O" as language is not to be taken seriously, no matter the country, and no matter how good it might be.
The gm may be high quality, but such information reflects the owner's lever of maturity. You don't want to play on a server on which owners act like kids. Been there, done that.

I dont see why there should be any changes to the lang field, why make it more complicated?
Server owners can put retarded shit in hostname and mode fields aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie©
Посмотреть сообщение
I dont see why there should be any changes to the lang field, why make it more complicated?
Server owners can put retarded shit in hostname and mode fields aswell.
The good thing for language is to show players the server is only in English,Spanish,Russian,Greek. It help players a lot for some reason. The bad thing is its useless to join a server without know the language of server.

Text buffer should be increased due to colour codes.

I figured that some damaging processes should be removed from the client and be put into server's side.
Some of these options have been somehow suggested before, just wanted to gather em all around and add some improvements.

Serverside Damage Verification
By this, I mean that any damage taken or given, must be first agreed by the server.
For example I have fallen from a very high building, but the server doesn't want to have me dead, so OnPlayerTakeDamage: client sends the damage info, but doesn't process it itself, server takes the data and... RETURN 0; so the client will not process the damage.

Damage Amount Controlling
This is a good workaround to prevent some bugs or hacks, or making some abilities, client sends damage data, the server sets the amount to whatever.
For example I want to halve the damage taken by a specific player, OnPlayerTakeDamage: client sends the damage info, but doesn't process it itself, server takes the data and sets the damage amount into a half of original... RETURN 1; ...

Serverside Shooting Verification
It means to allow or deny the bullet to be thrown out of the weapon, like what happens when you're trying to shoot an ally in Call of Duty series.
It's useful to prevent the bullet's side effects when we don't want to. (temporary stun by shotgun, fire and shock by explosives...)

^^ Seems I have a lot of ideas today!

and another...
Think I have a very large island on my server, full of roads and building and soo...
But, it's outside the map area, it's not seen on the map, and if you go there, you'll not be able to see where you really are.
You cannot see the roads and blocks on the mini-map, and the big map shows you standing on the map border instead of your real position.
My suggestion, however it's a bit difficult and needs a bit of change in SAMP's connection protocol, is to send some static data from the server to the client that indicates the objects that are needed to be rendered within the map.
Like as in GTA SA Detailed Radar, SAMP needs to render the objects by looking from upside. I don't think it would need a lot of data transmission or high level graphical processing by the client, my only concerns are,
How to expand the map textures? is it possible or we need to shrink the map?
And what if someone uses a custom map texture which doesn't really suit the rendered objects' style?

I hope my suggestion is useful and practical, and these concerns have a good workaround ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaSB
Посмотреть сообщение
I figured that some damaging processes should be removed from the client and be put into server's side.
Most damage "processing" has to be done via the client side because the client sends such data to the server. The server doesn't send data saying "you're falling off a high building" to the client, the client sends it to the server. That's why so many hacks / exploits such as fake killing, etc, is possible.

SetPlayerWaterLevel
SetWaterLevel

I dont know how many times it has been written-I think so many times.- but there is not any water level function yet.

FUCK, double posted... Please delete!

Add a function like:

pawn Код:
DisableObjectFlag(playerid, objectid, flag);
List of flags:

pawn Код:
FLAG_EXPLOSIVE
FLAG_DESTRUCTABLE
This would be useful so we could make certain objects indestructible (bus stops, news stands, ATM machines) or non-explodable (gas pumps, barrels).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
Add a function like:

pawn Код:
List of flags:

pawn Код:
FLAG_EXPLOSIVE
FLAG_DESTRUCTABLE
This would be useful so we could make certain objects indestructible (bus stops, news stands, ATM machines) or non-explodable (gas pumps, barrels).
That's a pretty good idea. Every single fucking time I'm next to one, some twat would blow it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
Add a function like:

pawn Код:
List of flags:

pawn Код:
FLAG_EXPLOSIVE
FLAG_DESTRUCTABLE
pawn Код:
SetObjectFlag(objectid, OBJECT_FLAG_COLLISION, false);
//Walks through object, like a boss...

SetPlayerObjectFlag(objectid, OBJECT_FLAG_DYNAMIC, true);
//Shoots and and breaks a thrown plate, like a boss...
//A glass shard landed in someone's eye... Goes to prison, like a boss?
Fuck, when are we getting our PAWN tags back? I still use PAWN tags on all of my code in case it returns.

Handling the water level will be tricky and could cause huge issues. Don't forget that the water level doesn't exist on all the surface, hence the known glitch in which players would fall under the map to be respawned shortly after. That thing happens because there is no water surface, and the players fall under it's level.

So besides the water level variable, there should be parameters regarding the area in which you want to create water. Further more, you would need a function that removes the existing water from an area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Handling the water level will be tricky and could cause huge issues. Don't forget that the water level doesn't exist on all the surface, hence the known glitch in which players would fall under the map to be respawned shortly after. That thing happens because there is no water surface, and the players fall under it's level.

So besides the water level variable, there should be parameters regarding the area in which you want to create water. Further more, you would need a function that removes the existing water from an area.
Actually... That's why water level mods replace all water with ONE water surface that covers all of the map.