Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

Re-Add player objective markers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannesenn
View Post
Add grass?
there's a .asi plugin that re-enables random generated grass and also disables the randomly generated tree's in the desert (the ones with collision)

so it doesn't ruin sync, needs a decent cpu/gpu though.

https://github.com/SnowshoeIceboot/samp_grass/releases

The draw distance for the grass/bushes/plants are a bit low, so there's a lot of pop in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
View Post
Civilian Utility Van
Its called Utility Van for a reason.

Maybe more sound effects?

I would want a OnPlayerStunt callback, if there is one, please link it to me. I want to add a anti-cash cheat but I cannot find a OnPlayerStunt (I don't want to remove stunt awards)

Some general gameplay improvements, specifically related to vehicles.

1. Properly sync the open/closed state of car doors/trunks/hood. Doors don't sync if the car's not streamed for another player and you drive within streaming distance. Among some other things. Also, player positions in rear passengers seats sometimes aren't synced?

2. Add a button to "shuffle" into the next seat to your right/left. The animations already exist in-game, and are used in singleplayer.

3. Make it so that pressing "H" will pull you back into a vehicle after you've initially left it. (drive-by mode)
Can be scripted, but usually results in player not being able to pop out again until they re-enter.

4. Close the relevant car window automatically when someone presses "H" and re-enters a vehicle's seat.

5. Add a hotkey to switch weapons while in a vehicle. Certain servers would need to be able to "skip" certain weapons.

6. Add an option to use motorbike passenger drive-by animations while in a car. This would open/close windows like normal drive-by mode, but keep the player's body inside the car while allowing him to still fire. Rule 4 still applies to this.

7. Add a Vehicle Skill stat. Weapon Skill already exists, so why not this? (Something to do with vehicle sync, maybe?) We are playing a game centralized around stealing cars, after all. :P

8. Server-side handling/weapon.dat and default.ide!!!!

Edit:

9. A way to force the damage state of vehicle components. (Removing/denting doors, windscreen, etc.)
An example would be spawning a vehicle at 100% HP, but with no doors/bumpers/trunk. Really want this one added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orma
Посмотреть сообщение
3. Make it so that pressing "H" will pull you back into a vehicle after you've initially left it. (drive-by mode)
Can be scripted, but usually results in player not being able to pop out again until they re-enter.
This is actually in already... The key is F... Whilst the car is moving if you hit f briefly, you'll end up getting back in the window...

Can't see why people aren't knowing of this at all. It's been in for AGES...

Add ability to make custom animations, I mean scripters would be able make animations that can be recorded and then applied on the player and called whenever needed.
This is a bit hard but it will definitely allow more control over peds..
Personally I think that SAMP developement progress would be much more larger by adding new advanced systems, just like any other game

pawn Код:
native SetPlayerFPSLimit(playerid, fpslimit);
native SetFPSLimit(fpslimit);

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
This is actually in already... The key is F... Whilst the car is moving if you hit f briefly, you'll end up getting back in the window...

Can't see why people aren't knowing of this at all. It's been in for AGES...
I know of F's use, but sometimes you'll be thrown out of the vehicle, and I'm pretty sure once you get back inside via F you can't pop back out until you re-enter the vehicle. IMO it would be much easier to bind this to H and then fix the bug of being stuck inside the vehicle. (Hit H, pop out, hit H again, climb back inside. Repeat :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orma
Посмотреть сообщение
I know of F's use, but sometimes you'll be thrown out of the vehicle, and I'm pretty sure once you get back inside via F you can't pop back out until you re-enter the vehicle. IMO it would be much easier to bind this to H and then fix the bug of being stuck inside the vehicle. (Hit H, pop out, hit H again, climb back inside. Repeat :P)
You'll be thrown out of the vehicle IF you don't know how to use it properly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
You'll be thrown out of the vehicle IF you don't know how to use it properly...
I don't think climbing out of/into a car should require keyboard finesse, lol
If you're going too fast you're thrown out, and if you're going too slowly you're forced out. Why should there be a "golden window" in regards to climbing back into a car window? You should be able to do it at whatever speed the driver's going. So yeah, it'd be much easier (and also more logical) to have it use a toggling H bind.

If you tap the F key you go back in, if you hold it too long you fall out.

pawn Код:
forward OnIncomingConnection(playerid, ip_address[], port, password[], isbanned);
Ofcourse, the password only having data if the server has a password(will store what password the user has attempted to use, so we can detect if they are using the wrong password or not without any additional functions).

Remove the ped dialogue that automatically plays when a player runs into another player ("watch where you're going", "look out"). It gets pretty annoying after a while.

Some of you need to remember this is a MULTIPLAYER mod for GTA SAN ANDREAS BASE GAME. Kalcor said it himself.

Anyways, if you want some of these features you're aswell as just making a client launcher and downloading mods to it.

Anyways I'd just like to see some more natives so we don't need to do as much scripting.

Remove the army skins camo hat so that we can use other objects (helmets etc) and add the camo texture to one of the hat objects. (I don't think there is a camo texture that matches the army skin currently)

Change FBI logo to FIB. On the skin and on the bage.

First person camera option as creating it with PAWN is near impossible to get decent results.