Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

I think that in 0.3e this was done, but somehow it got removed (forgot why).

Anyway i found this video: http://*********/g0iZknQzO_0?t=42s

And it does exactly that ... so maybe copy the way this does it and put in to SA-MP by default?

Why is this so important?

Because people often afk-abuse while DM-ing, and in RP servers people hold ESC for a couple of seconds to avoid being caught by police (when they get back, they "teleport" behind the police).

So yeah, just wanted to raise a little bit of attention on this issue.

Maybe the SA-MP community gets lucky and this gets added to 0.4a

A function to disable certain keys. For example: I want to disable KEY_FIRE.

With a function like this:
Код:
DisablePlayerKey(playerid, KEY_FIRE);

If possible somehow to add, that we can detect any keyboard key (the English default ones) - if that even is possible to have in pawn, my knowledge does not reach that far to answer that myself, sorry if it already exists. I only know that OnPlayerKeyStateChange exists which is pretty dope that we have at least that. :P

Agree with the create fire and disableplayerkey functions by the way. They would help a lot to make player not able to break certain server rules. For instance for RP servers you could disableplayerkey the key to fire if the player is in a vehicle and has desert eagle to prevent people from shooting with it (as it shoots very fast).

Can you please add skin objects, I mean, if I want to put PD officer in PD station to do that with object instead of NPC. I hope you understand what I mean. ( I took PD skin for example, I hope you will make it possible with all skins )

Support for HTTP_PUT and HTTP_DELETE in HTTP().

1. when user open sa-mp client, it check there system if they have illegal sa-mp mods, and if they got, they will not be able to connect to servers that does not allow cheats.

2. Maybe, a login system for running sa-mp client, (as few players seem to be sharing computers)

3. To reduce ping, i don't know, compress data....

4. Create a dialog with two inputs, like username and password.

5. SetPlayerGameSpeed

6. In-game, voice chat, player don't like using external voice chat.

7. more car colors, like MTA.

Quote:

SetPlayerResolution(playerid, resolutionid);

#define RES_1280_1024_32 5
or something?

this is so stupid, u have no idea why user set there resolution to what it is, maybe they have shitty PC .... think

pawn Код:
EnablePlayerRiotMode(playerid,bool:true/false);
or global..

Make an inbuild timerfix or increase the accuracy of the timers somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizion
Посмотреть сообщение
I think that in 0.3e this was done, but somehow it got removed (forgot why).

Anyway i found this video: http://*********/g0iZknQzO_0?t=42s

And it does exactly that ... so maybe copy the way this does it and put in to SA-MP by default?

Why is this so important?

Because people often afk-abuse while DM-ing, and in RP servers people hold ESC for a couple of seconds to avoid being caught by police (when they get back, they "teleport" behind the police).

So yeah, just wanted to raise a little bit of attention on this issue.

Maybe the SA-MP community gets lucky and this gets added to 0.4a
It would be nice if it were up to the servers to decide if paused players are invulnerable or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3cr3am
Посмотреть сообщение
1. when user open sa-mp client, it check there system if they have illegal sa-mp mods, and if they got, they will not be able to connect to servers that does not allow cheats.
This has been suggested many times and won't be done, basically because it wouldn't be effective.

Quote:

Quote:

This has been suggested many times and won't be done, basically because it wouldn't be effective.

Yes, it will, there is like 99% chance that someone will find a way to bypass it, but it will still keep a bunch of hackers out.

Quote:

Say whether the password is correct or not before the player enters the game.

Making it easy for hacker to enter server?

We needed a new system or protection for cheat "bullet proof" lot of is created on 0.3x now

An example on this topic: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=220089&page=25

A new start menu, the current one bores me a bit and when players tab the server glitches out. I suggest making something like a transparent background with all the options in the normal menu, the car would keep driving.

Making the player download the server's custom.img when connecting, it would be really good for server owners to have custom objects, at this moment it's usefull for me.

Why isn't there a
Код:
GetServerVarAsFloat
? I was just about to read the 'stream_distance' value from the server.cfg and noticed there is actually no way to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
I would imagine that 1s update instead of 0.20s is there to reduce network traffic. The assumption is, that most of the time, server would only really need to know the camera vector with OnPlayerUpdate level of detail when the player is using a weapon.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it also sends the camera data faster when you press the aim key as well.

When making a flying-camera script, you could make the LMB/RMB button into the 'move forward' instruction to make the direction a bit more responsive.
That makes sense, but why doesn't the camera updating behaves like the position updating (only update it if there is a change)? This would also spare some network traffic (people are probably using the camera more often than they are moving, but this would still be an improvement). Although if doing it like that OnPlayerUpdate still should be called every second or it will break all AFK-check-scripts.
Even if the server internally doesn't need these camera updates, what about the gamemode? The server doesn't really know if these camera updates are used frequently (okay, it's technically possible for the server to find out: measure time between GetPlayerCameraPos calls and the smaller the time the more frequenter request camera updates).

Just if you add this, you will make revolution with SAMP scripts...
Quote:

OnPlayerTakeObjectDMG (playerid,objectid,dmg)
OnObjectHP (playerid,objectid,HPx)
OnPlayerShootObject (playerid,objectid,howmanydmgitwilltake)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZdadyZx
Посмотреть сообщение
Just if you add this, you will make revolution with SAMP scripts...
We can already do all of those things with the current 0.3z features.

Client-side scripts.

New function to get object ID which vehicle is surfing on.
Код:
GetVehicleSurfingObject(vehicleid, objectid)
This may return (object ID, -1 if vehicle is on SA objects, 65565 if isn't on object)
Using this in OnUnoccupiedVehicleUpdate will allow as to stop vehicle falling from added objects which is still loading, and detecting airbreak.

Callback which is handling tire attrition for e.g. when player is driving fast and turn his vehicle, on the street are tire tracks, or when player is handbraking etc.