Hardcore PC build | Your thoughts?

Totally hypothetical situation:

If your budget was $10,000AUD and you were given any chance to build the PC you wanted, would you go for something like this, and if so what are your thoughts on it?

PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1000w $229.00
Drive: Samsung Blu-ray/DVD Combo $79.00
CPU: Intel Core i7 3960X 6-core $1,269.00
Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100 $165.00
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme $539.00 (inc. full Battlefield 3 PC Game)
GPU: 2x ASUS Geforce GTX 590 3GB $1,898.00
HDD: 2x 2TB $598.00
RAM: Corsair Dominator 12GB GT DDR3 $319.00
Mouse: Saitek Cybord R.A.T 7 $129.00
Monitor: BenQ 24" L.E.D $279.00

Total: $5,843.00

Your thoughts without the "don't flash your money here" comments thank you.

I'd consider a higher watt PSU, a second monitor of similar size, a solid state drive and more RAM if that was the case.

I'm not a big SSD fan, but you may have a chance to convert me. Have you got the time to give me personal advantages you have with SSD over HDD? Pros and cons?

Well, I'm not entirely sure about SSDs either, but it surely wouldn't hurt too much to have 1 solid state drive and the rest could be normal SATA HDDs. You put your OS on your SSD, and the rest of your content on your other SATA drives.

This way you can appreciate the faster boot times without jeopardizing your important personal files, etc.

What size SSD would you recommend?

64 GB is probably more than enough for your OS.

I've found a cheap and affordable 80GB SSD, added to the collection.... what would you rate this computer to be on a scale to 10.

1 = Poor.
5 = Average.
10 = Hardcore shredding.

Not sure, but if you overclock the CPU and graphics cards, you'll definitely have an amazing machine by any standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagie1111
Посмотреть сообщение
Totally hypothetical situation:

Total: $5,843.00

Your thoughts without the "don't flash your money here" comments thank you.
In my opinion. (Don't hate).

XP seems the better OS. Yes, Windows 7 has its advantages. Pros and cons. But say, you like an old game such as Star Wars JKA and you cannot run it on Windows 7. What would you do?...

^^

You do know XP is no longer supported by Microsoft? Meaning no more updates, meaning games and games will start going off Windows XP and only on Vista, 7 and 8.

OnTopic: Don't waste your money unless you know what you're doing. I spent $1000 on my computer and it's great.