No One Can Connect My SA-MP 0.3c R5 Server

You're obviously not running a hosted server, you are therefore on a local connection. Which means your IP will be dynamic, this changes whenever you turn off your computer, moder, router or reset your modem/router. There is nothing you can do about it except constantly go to whatsmyip.org and tell you friends to connect to that IP. Unless you are willing to leave your computer on for days... thus why people buy hosted servers.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is... your IP will change if you turn off, or reset your modem/internet connection. So your server IP changes aswell.

The ones in ****** and WhatsMyIp show your public IP address... use that for your server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threshold
View Post
The ones in ****** and WhatsMyIp show your public IP address... use that for your server.
When I type 115.84.128.6:7777, It says Retrieving info... But when I type 192.168.1.100:7777, the server name appears and I can connect. How to fix this then?

Well obviously you can connect to your local address... because its your Subnet. But that means only YOU can connect to it. I would suggest buying a hosted IP... unfortunately, Volt-Host isn't doing free servers anymore, but they are one of the cheapest hosting services you can get. It's the best option I have for you... sorry.

I have upgraded to 0.3d now, and when I go to TypeFish, It says the server is not online, but in the Internet List.

Quote:
View Post
Well obviously you can connect to your local address... because its your Subnet. But that means only YOU can connect to it. I would suggest buying a hosted IP... unfortunately, Volt-Host isn't doing free servers anymore, but they are one of the cheapest hosting services you can get. It's the best option I have for you... sorry.
Thanks for trying.

are you sure that you're running your server.exe when people are joining? You need to have server.exe running to keep the server online.

Quote:
View Post
, you are therefore on a local connection. Which means your IP will be dynamic,
Bullshit. I'm on a local connection and have a static IP. Yes, I understand that he has a dynamic IP, but what you said implies that being on a local connection means that your IP is automatically dynamic. No.

Quote:
View Post
There is nothing you can do about it except constantly go to whatsmyip.org and tell you friends to connect to that IP.
Bullshit. Have you heard of No-IP, or other services that give you a hostname? Especially ever since SA-MP allows you to use hostnames, it's the best method.

--------------------

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but I feel like over half of your words are made of "I Can't Believe It's Not Bullshit"! or simply actual bullshit.

--------------------

Now, OP, so you say the following:

- you have forwarded port 7777
- you have tried connecting from your public address
- blah, blah, blah.

Have you tried disabling your firewall? It may block incoming connections.

Quote:
View Post
are you sure that you're running your server.exe when people are joining? You need to have server.exe running to keep the server online.
Of course I am. I'm not an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBetaFox
View Post
Bullshit. I'm on a local connection and have a static IP. Yes, I understand that he has a dynamic IP, but what you said implies that being on a local connection means that your IP is automatically dynamic. No.

Bullshit. Have you heard of No-IP, or other services that give you a hostname? Especially ever since SA-MP allows you to use hostnames, it's the best method.

--------------------

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but I feel like over half of your words are made of "I Can't Believe It's Not Bullshit"! or simply actual bullshit.

--------------------

- blah, blah, blah.

Yes, my Firewall is disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBetaFox
View Post

--------------------

--------------------

- blah, blah, blah.

haha... someone's angry... umad bro? And I never said that all local connections give a dynamic IP... loser.

lol IM HAVING THE SAME FREEAKY PROMBLEM ...

MY IP IS (WHATISMYIP.COM) : 197.226.142.204

and my laptop ip is (MODEM/ROUTER) : 192.168.1.3
I CAN CONNET TO THE SERVER

and i have another laptop with ip 192.168.1.5
i CANT connect under the same router

my samp port is 7777

197.226.142.204:7777 == NOT WORKING AND OTHERS PLAYERS CANT CONNECT
192.168.1.3:7777 == ony i can enter