Anyone know?

Hello guys, i'm playing a server but i got a high Ping on that server.. i have a nice pc which runs gta iv with high setrtings Anyone know how can i reduce my ping? Will give Rep

Pleaze i need someone to help me

Try turn off your modem for 1h and it should do the trick :P
If it doesn't work you could try program called GBoost

Thanks i will try it Any more Ideas?

What country do you live in? And what country is the server hosted in?

Say; You're from Pakistan and the host is in Englad... If there is a big distance, you'll have high ping

Im from portugal, and my dedicated servers running my clients server is on USA, my ping: 150 .
From portugal to australia = 300+
If you live on pakistan, and try a server on England, your ping should be on 600. If im not wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikito
Посмотреть сообщение
Im from portugal, and my dedicated servers running my clients server is on USA, my ping: 150 .
From portugal to australia = 300+
If you live on pakistan, and try a server on England, your ping should be on 600. If im not wrong
I don't know who thought you maths/geography, but he failed.

Portugal and Australia are almost on the other side of the world, so it's the biggest distance you can get. Pakistan is about halfway on your way to Australia. With a good host, he could get a ping between 150 and 200. With a bad host, yea, it might raise a lot.

The last thing you should do to boost your connection is using programs. The first thing you need to do is ask yourself: did my connection slow down the past days or not? If it didn't, then you're having a bad host. If it did, then restart your modem/router (and your computer as well, just to check). Check if it boosted. Make sure you don't have any downloads going on, and uploads are even worse for your ping. Clear your DNS if nothing helped (you'll find on ****** how to, cba to search now).

If nothing of that helped, either you're provider has problems/reduced speed, someone else is on your network or you've got a malware program. Or it might as well be the usual lag when you play from such a distance. Try pingtest.com, if the Jitter is low, your ping is normal.

You line Busy , full connected by users

buy a new PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikito
Посмотреть сообщение
Lmao, You'll get that ping when you're from the moon xD