Steam vs Origin

Hello everybody. As most of people know that EA Games opened a games platform called Origin. It means that it's like steam and include most of EA games. I'd like to say if you like it or it's just a sh** and useless.

I'll answer too. Since steam opened (around 1998 - 2000 ) was ok and it had success. But what's the Origin's point? Copying steam and make everything like them? EA told to steam to take them all their new games such as Crysis 2, Need For Speed: The Run etc... What they gain with that?

Vote and tell us why that choise.

That's just the way things are and forever will be. If a company goes on too long unopposed, they'll become too powerful. Look at Starbucks for example, they were a multi-BILLION dollar company and had no competition until McDonalds and Dunken Donuts started selling coffee. I say it's about time Steam had competition, maybe prices will start being competitively set now.

I love steam, it has LOTS of games, amazing sales, like %75 off a tonne of games the past week, and it's just simple. Now origin just wants a cut of the pie, I do not like how their application is set up, and there aren't as many games.

ALSO, the fact that some games that you buy in store link up to steam to be able to play makes it an amazing feature.

I've heard Origin steals yar PC informations and what you do or something like that. I stay with Steam oh boy or wait communicator? xfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
Посмотреть сообщение
I've heard Origin steals yar PC informations and what you do or something like that. I stay with Steam oh boy or wait communicator? xfire.
All software does that, someone just made a big deal of it. If you think it's just origin that does that then there is something wrong with you...

I Vote for steam because i started using steam around 2007 - 2008 well my friend invited me to make an account play a game called "Counter Strike" i try'ed the game i fell in love with it and got addicted for that point of view i starting purchasing more games from steam i would totally vote steam over Origin any day.

Origin , i try'ed it once only just for battlefield 3 i would agree with you it's almost like steam but i would not think they are copying steam but why make Origin when there is steam and it is 99% better than Origin i can't imagine someone else disagreeing with this.

I enjoy both. Can't down either right now, or can't think of a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten
Посмотреть сообщение
I Vote for steam because i started using steam around 2007 - 2008 well my friend invited me to make an account play a game called "Counter Strike" i try'ed the game i fell in love with it and got addicted for that point of view i starting purchasing more games from steam i would totally vote steam over Origin any day.

Origin , i try'ed it once only just for battlefield 3 i would agree with you it's almost like steam but i would not think they are copying steam but why make Origin when there is steam and it is 99% better than Origin i can't imagine someone else disagreeing with this.
I think the same. Anyways Origin does discounts too, seems like they're doing the same thing as steam. That's why i hate them.

@iNorton

Yes i heard that Origin STEAL INFORMATIONS FROM YOUR PC such as passwords and all cookies saves.

Origin is horrible, I don't know why anyone would even ask that.

Steam is much more useful and easy to use.

Steam obviously. If you have a great service like Steam and sometimes huge discounts and how easily is to buy a game why change? Also don't forget it's powered by Valve while Origin is powered by EA, now tell me if EA care about the players, i don't think so, well actually they are well known for creating stupid franchises every year. Valve? Valve only created half life which brought counter strike, do i need to continue?