[Suggestion] Server Advertisements confirmation system

Hello,

I've noticed there are too many advertisements in the advertising seciton (http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22) made by people who have less than 5 reputation points. In order to fix this, I was thinking of a validation system. I think you guys already know what that is. If not, it means that all topics that are posted there, needs to be confirmed by moderators before the topic will be shown for everyone.

Share your opinion

Quote:

I've noticed there are too many advertisements in the advertising seciton (http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22) made by people who have less than 5 reputation points.
You literally can't make advertisements in there if you have less than 5 reputation points, so what in the world are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
You literally can't make advertisements in there if you have less than 5 reputation points, so what in the world are you talking about?
One of the many examples:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=301132

I see 3 reputation points, or am I hallucinating?

You mentioned 'many', I've never seen that before and I regularly check that section.

The users who have less than 5 reputation points got access to that section when the requirement was just 2 points.

Sometimes, the user could of had 5 reputation at first when they posted the advertisment...but lost it for problem breaking forum rules...causing it to lower down to 3....it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
Посмотреть сообщение
The users who have less than 5 reputation points got access to that section when the requirement was just 2 points.
Alright, so I pressume with this message it's changed now?

Useless work for the forum moderators...

If it's going to work, I'd suggest you to add more moderators.

Though, you need 5 reputation points, and they get cleaned every month, so I don't see the problem, mate.

The old requirements were 2 Reputations

I don't even get why Reputation is a necessity for posting an advertisment for your/a server.
I have not any reputation, that means I am incapable of posting an advertisment?..

my suggestion is to enable posts in the section, so people can share opinions about the server (;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripac
Посмотреть сообщение
my suggestion is to enable posts in the section, so people can share opinions about the server (;
As good as that would be. It would probaly be used more for bumping/flaming/etc. than to do what you described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
That is correct. Think of it this way, why should you get free advertising if you don't contribute anything to the forums? Advertising your server here is not a right, it's a reward for those people that are good and useful.
So if I do not have any rep points , it meants I haven't contributed in any way?
Reputation is given to people who help, share , fix, etc .
However it can be given from an e-friend to an e-friend just for fun.
It's not a valid and fair way of deciding if you can post or not.

Don't get me wrong, I don't own a server or anything. I am just expressing my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObviousPotato
Посмотреть сообщение
As good as that would be. It would probaly be used more for bumping/flaming/etc. than to do what you described.
It's possible to have replies on threads, without moving them from their place. Like if they're on page 3
and you post, it remains at it's position.

However I don't want to see replies on adverts, as for example a guy who was banned
by a server's admin, will glady go there to troll/flame/disrespect and post shitty things about the server.
Such section cannot be moderated easily..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod_Shadowsong
Посмотреть сообщение
So if I do not have any rep points , it meants I haven't contributed in any way?
Reputation is given to people who help, share , fix, etc .
However it can be given from an e-friend to an e-friend just for fun.
It's not a valid and fair way of deciding if you can post or not.

Don't get me wrong, I don't own a server or anything. I am just expressing my opinion.

It's possible to have replies on threads, without moving them from their place. Like if they're on page 3
and you post, it remains at it's position.

However I don't want to see replies on adverts, as for example a guy who was banned
by a server's admin, will glady go there to troll/flame/disrespect and post shitty things about the server.
Such section cannot be moderated easily..
See it as a meassure taken against the massive amounts of advertisements that were being spammed. Even though there are rules there, people don't follow them, blatently spamming the page with theur ads. Ever since this system was introduced, the spamming has reduced a lot.

@Infinity

Hmmm that sounds a bit more reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripac
Посмотреть сообщение
Do that and it will be Gang Discussion forum all over again.

I think the current system is sufficient enough, it's an improvement over the previous system in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westre
Посмотреть сообщение
Do that and it will be Gang Discussion forum all over again.

I think the current system is sufficient enough, it's an improvement over the previous system in my opinion.
True true xD

Also if the didn't limit the rep points for a post you would have idiots posting about rubbish servers that no one would join which is just a waste of everyones time.