Attack of the bots

Hello, I have a server 0.3C. He is being attacked by bots, those who leave the server that is not being filled. Is there anything I can do to prevent this kind of attack?

Thanks

Well, I believe there are hosts powerful with anti-ddosers, if you mean that you're having DOS' attacks into your server. and you can script an include to avoid this, (I believe as I heard in so.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptian Trooper
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I believe there are hosts powerful with anti-ddosers, if you mean that you're having DOS' attacks into your server. and you can script an include to avoid this, (I believe as I heard in so.)
No, this doesn't seem to be a DDoS attack. Also, an include against DDoS.... Lol'd.

Anyway, are you running the latest server version of 0.3c? IIRC, these have a fix applied against such attacks.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominiic
Посмотреть сообщение
Uhm.. Your English isn't great .. I don't quiet know what you mean.. ?
Don't criticize the English of others when your English isn't good either.

Either upgrade to 0.3c R5 server or to 0.3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
Посмотреть сообщение
Either upgrade to 0.3c R5 server or to 0.3d
0.3c R5 and 0.3d got Anti-DDoS protection?

Not anti-ddos, there is no such thing existing. I know there is firewalls and such what claim to be undossable, but nothing is perfect.
R5 and 3d has improvements on the security anyways, therefore a better option to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeemonster
Посмотреть сообщение
Not anti-ddos, there is no such thing existing. I know there is firewalls and such what claim to be undossable, but nothing is perfect.
R5 and 3d has improvements on the security anyways, therefore a better option to have.
Without trying to be rude, I'm pretty sure DDoS protection does exist.

Couldn't an IP limitation prevent the servers from being DDoS'ed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillermanGR
Посмотреть сообщение
Without trying to be rude, I'm pretty sure DDoS protection does exist.

Couldn't an IP limitation prevent the servers from being DDoS'ed?
No, there's no such thing as "anti-DDoS", there are preventative measures you can take, such as using iptables and CISCO Guard (which are very expensive), but nothing is 100% secure against DDoS attacks, unless it has no way of external connections incoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
No, there's no such thing as "anti-DDoS", there are preventative measures you can take, such as using iptables and CISCO Guard (which are very expensive), but nothing is 100% secure against DDoS attacks, unless it has no way of external connections incoming.
So hosts,webhosts,etc. that promise such protection is just a scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillermanGR
Посмотреть сообщение
So hosts,webhosts,etc. that promise such protection is just a scam?
They promise protection, but they don't say it's 100% secure. Some attacks can be protected by iptables and Cisco Guard, and some can't, it really depends on the volume of attack.