[Tutorial] Creating dynamic signatures using PHP and MySQL.

Seems noone know what to do here :=)

Error on image result

Delete

I've created a SQLite version of this! Not been tested just yet.

Hey I done exactly what you said but when I insert the username. The stuff doesn't come up.

Here is the first screen, it works ok:

http://prntscr.com/zv6mt

But when I click Submit, this comes up:

http://prntscr.com/zv6ra

Please help!

Install php.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentDunn
View Post
Install php.
Huh?

I added it to the webhost and I got this:

Code:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: NO) in /home/a2180513/public_html/Signatures/signature.php on line 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyBear
View Post
I added it to the webhost and I got this:

Code:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: NO) in /home/a2180513/public_html/Signatures/signature.php on line 10
You would be better off creating a MySQL user through PHPMyAdmin, rather than using the root user - as it seems it is expecting a password. This way you can better manage where it access data from, rather than giving it full database privileges!

Use this URL: http://localhost/phpmyadmin to access your PHPMyAdmin installation, login as root with the details you created during the installation of XAMPP and then create your new user account for the database.

Cool Tutorial, much appreciated.

great, i've searching it for very long time, but now it's only show the picture, the information does not appear...

please help

EDIT: it's now work i just forgotten the color.... i used the black color, when my background color is black too

mine:

will it work if I use a website host that uses MySQL?

Really good tutorial!

can anyone help me? I get this:

this is really wierd!!!

help me please

my PHP Code is this one:
PHP Code:
<? 
/*
***Made by: Nodroz***
*** Enjoy your signatures! ***
*/
$username="************"//Your MySQL Username.
$password="************"// Your MySQL Pass.
$database="************"// Your MySQL database.
$host="************"// Your MySQL host. This is "localhost" or the IP specified by your hosting company.
$player_name=$_GET['player_name']; // This gets the player his name from the previous page.
/* Next, we will make a connection to the mysql. 
If it can't connect, it'll print on the screen: Unable to select database. Be sure the databasename exists and online is. */
mysql_connect($host,$username,$password); // Connection to the database.
@mysql_select_db($database) or die( "Unable to select database. Be sure the databasename exists and online is."); //Selection of the database. If it can't read the database, it'll give an error.
/* To protect MySQL injection. */
$player_name stripslashes($player_name);
$player_name mysql_real_escape_string($player_name);
$query="SELECT * FROM pInfo WHERE username='$player_name'"// Gets all the information about the player.
$result=mysql_query($query);
$i=mysql_num_rows($result); // Here we are counting how many rows this result gives us.
/* We will now put the player's information into variables so we can use them more easily. */
/* DON'T FORGET: The names should be exact the same as in your mysql db.*/
if ($i == 1// If the user has been correct, then it'll give us 1 row. If its 1 row, then it'll proceed with the code.
{

$Playername=mysql_result($result,0,"username"); // Gets the username of the player and put it in the variable $Playername.

$Money=mysql_result($result,0,"Money"); // Gets the money of the player and put it in the variable $Money.

$Score=mysql_result($result,0,"Score"); // Gets the score of the player and put it in the variable $Score.
    // Creating of the .png image. 

header('Content-Type: image/png;');

$im = @imagecreatefrompng('playersig.png') or die("Cannot select the correct image. Please contact the webmaster."); // Don't forget to put your picture there.

$text_color imagecolorallocate($im255,255,255); // RED, GREEN, BLUE --> Go to www.colorpicker.com, select a nice color. Copy the R/G/B letters provided by colorpicker and put them here.

$text_username "$Playername"// This gets the information about player name to be showed in the picture.

$text_score "$Score"// Same as above ^^

$text_money "$Money"// Same as above ^^

$font 'font.ttf'//Upload your custom font to the directory where this file is placed. Then change the name here.
    /* USAGE OF THE imagettftext: First ($im) shouldn't be changed. (16) is the text-size. (0) is the angle of your text. Change it, and you'll see what's going on. (20) is de X-coordinate of the text.
    (36) is the Y-coordinate of the text. */

imagettftext($im1602036$text_color$font$text_username); // Prints the username in the picture. 

imagettftext($im1607269$text_color$font$text_score); // Prints the score in the picture.

imagettftext($im1607299$text_color$font$text_money); // Prints the money in the picture.

imagepng($im);

imagedestroy($im);
} else echo(
'Username is not in our database. Please try again.'); // If the username doesn't exist (so the row is 0) then it'll give en error.
mysql_close();
?>
Help me plz!!!

are you sure you have image and The font named "Font.TTF" in same directory as this script(.php file) is in?

have error:
Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/*/public_html/reg.php on line 28 Username is not in our database. Please try again.

Yes I managed to get it to work

heres mine:

how to change url signature
example :
site-name.com/sig/player-name.png

sorry for bump but some one has the .ini version ?