is it all deleted. aaaaaa

I start a DM mode before 1 mounths and today i finish it, I restart my comp and turn on... i open .pwn file and its only 1 line... all 6k lines are deleted :SS but my .pwn file has 305KB (size it is the same) only I dont have nothing in... and i dont have backup...

Did someone now how to fix that :SS

There is no way to 'fix' the loss of code. Make backups next time.

Edit: Try right-clicking the file, and opening it with Notepad; just to confirm that there is indeed nothing in it.

no the letters is invisible :S i can go over it by mouse.. but nothing..

Sounds like corruption. Did you hard-restart your computer whilst the script was in use?

.. and like funky said there's not much you can do either way. Just learn to make backups next time. (I certainly have, after the heap of work I've lost due to corruption)

i save it, then i close it and hard restart computer...

right click - restore previous versions ? (doubt it will work but worth a shot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozz
Посмотреть сообщение
right click - restore previous versions ? (doubt it will work but worth a shot)
where is that, i dont have "restore previous version" I use Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed
Посмотреть сообщение
where is that, i dont have "restore previous version" I use Windows XP
Then you can't do it. It's a Windows 7 (and possibly Vista, but I'm not sure on that).

Just, learn to make backups in future. There is nothing that can be done.

Like ****** said, if the size data is still there then the file needs to contain the characters. In what kind of way are you opening it?

lol, just go to the start button > search system restore > restore you computer to yesertday or a week ago or something. DUH.

also anyone who doesnt have system re-store in place who is a scriptor/coder/writer is an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
That's not what system restore does! It (when EXPLICITLY invoked) sets restore points for certain system files and registry settings. It does not make a back up of all of your user data and reverting to an earlier restore point does not revert user data, only system settings and components.
incorrect it resets all files used since the last opening of any file to its origanal state, you should know that all data on a HDD has at least 3 to 4 copies of itself that you have no control over. Only way to truely lose data is to hard wipe it with a wipe over with random 1's and 0's at least 5 times, usually 7 for good measure and even them criminal investigation teams can get stuff back lol. it also does what you put above which is what it should be used for probably, i just like to abuse it because its worth it.

I got XP, and everytime i lose something i really need, then i just set my computer back to another date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruteX_modshop
Посмотреть сообщение
I got XP, and everytime i lose something i really need, then i just set my computer back to another date.
thankyou i also do this as i said above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
As someone said, can you see the code in Notepad (or Notepad++ may be better)? If the file is the right size the data should still be there (maybe hidden by some wierd character - you may need to dig about in XVI or something).
i see a lot of code in Notepad++...

pawn Код:
NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL