I want to experiment with something...

I have been going around today looking at all of the NGRP and GF-edit scripts and it makes me want to try and run a successful server using an edited GF script. Who would be willing to try to do that with me?

Is this a joke?

I detected sarcasm in your post and it leads me to believe this is a joke.

Why do you need someone to help you? Start up a server with a GF edit and act like a really crappy admin. See if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
Is this a joke?

I detected sarcasm in your post and it leads me to believe this is a joke.
Where was the sarcasm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolumadd_
Посмотреть сообщение
Why do you need someone to help you? Start up a server with a GF edit and act like a really crappy admin. See if it works.
I would rather be professional and stuff than an immature kid with magic admin powers. LOL

I'm not sure if it's only me, but I've always found learning and/or editing already created scripts to be much more difficult than starting from scratch. You need to go through all of the script to find out where exactly everything takes place. Then, before you change even a part of a system, you have to make sure you change EVERYTHING to do with it so it doesn't throw other systems, or the thing as a whole, off balance. When you create your own script, you know where everything goes and how to manipulate the system efficiently and effectively.

I would suggest to start from scratch, even if this is a simple experiment, from my stand point. Unless, of course, you're just planning on taking the GF script as-is and setting it up

I believe all those other edits want to be successful as you think but they aren't. Just look at the server count, and if you know what you're doing then go ahead, compete with 1500 other RP's

It's a joke guys. I really wouldn't waste my time with this.

Noob joke. I was about to troll the shiet out of you

If you think about it, all of the servers that are popular now adays are based off GF edits basically.

When Ohsrii multiplex and I opened up Project Reality like what 2 years ago? We had a gf edit in LV. Even though after Oshrii forced me out of the situation they switched to a LS based GF edit.

NGRP was based off GF, basically every server that's successful. People even spend countless hours working on their own script and it gets them no where it's pretty sad, even when they have a more advanced script than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh
Посмотреть сообщение
If you think about it, all of the servers that are popular now adays are based off GF edits basically.

When Ohsrii multiplex and I opened up Project Reality like what 2 years ago? We had a gf edit in LV. Even though after Oshrii forced me out of the situation they switched to a LS based GF edit.

NGRP was based off GF, basically every server that's successful. People even spend countless hours working on their own script and it gets them no where it's pretty sad, even when they have a more advanced script than anyone else.
Not really, people don't put in a lot of effort when creating new RP scripts. Possibly the reason why they all fail and the reason The Godfather is the standard is because people like to play what they know, unfortunately.