Strange, Weird bug regarding text's/pickups.

The pickup you can see below is a Faction Pickup: It shouldn't display the code here but only on the houses...

It seems to be executing this code:

pawn Код:
public OnPlayerPickUpPickup(playerid, pickupid)
{
    new string[256];

for(new i = 0; i < MAX_HOUSES; i++)
    {
        if(pickupid == HousePickup[i])
        {
            if(!(strcmp(HouseOwner[i], "nobody", true)))
            {
                format(string, sizeof(string), "~r~For Sale : %s~n~~w~Price: $%d~n~~b~Type '/buyhouse' to purchase.", HouseName[i], HousePrice[i]);
            }
            else
            {
                format(string, sizeof(string), "Address: %s ~n~ Owner: %s", HouseName[i], HouseOwner[i]);
            }

GameTextForPlayer(playerid, string, 3000, 5);
            break;
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
Can someone help and explain why this is happening?

'pickupid' seems to be 'HousePickup[i]' - are you sure they are not colliding and that the HousePickup array is holding the correct data?

They don't collide and yes, because it loads all of the house pickups and game text: Here is the code for both of them under LoadFactions and LoadHouses.

pawn Код:
FactionPickup[y] = CreatePickup(1318, 23, FactionEntX[y], FactionEntY[y], FactionEntZ[y], 0);
pawn Код:
HousePickup[x] = CreatePickup(1273, 23, HouseEntX[x], HouseEntY[x], HouseEntZ[x], 0);

Bump.

A temporary work around:
- Loop through all houses, and check if the player is in range of the specific point the pickup ID is referring too.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that sometimes CreatePickup ID's sometimes mis-match and/or return the wrong ID. In all of my scripts I use OnPlayerPickUpPickup to trigger a Loop + IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint search for the right data.

Off Topic: I'm sure I replied to your post (before the bump).

Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.

Alright, I put this: Is this what you meant?
pawn Код:
public OnPlayerPickUpPickup(playerid, pickupid)
{
    new string[256];

for(new i = 0; i < MAX_HOUSES; i++)
    {
        if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 5.0, HousePickup[i], HousePickup[i], HousePickup[i]))
        {
            if(pickupid == HousePickup[i])
            {
                if(!(strcmp(HouseOwner[i], "nobody", true)))
                {
                    format(string, sizeof(string), "~r~For Sale : %s~n~~w~Price: $%d~n~~b~Type '/buyhouse' to purchase.", HouseName[i], HousePrice[i]);
                }
                else
                {
                    format(string, sizeof(string), "Address: %s ~n~ Owner: %s", HouseName[i], HouseOwner[i]);
                }

GameTextForPlayer(playerid, string, 3000, 5);
                break;
            }

That should work
Checking if they're in range of it will only allow that pickup (ID) to work in a certain radius - however the actual radius won't matter because they have to pick up the pickup to fire the callback anyway.

It Doesnt work :/ I'll try something else but I can't guarantee :/

I'll keep you updated!

If I manage to fix it i'll + rep you

EDIT: It's working!! + rep, thank you!

Good - Anytime