different ways to host your server [Help]

hello all
i've heard that there's different ways to host a server: we can host it by a server samp host like kingj ; we can purchase a VPS ; ect
i just would like some information to see what's better for a server
any kind of infos are the welcome

except the homehoste cause i've tryed that and it was bad ! players alwas have lags ! ping is alwas about 200 for all the players except me and over 10 players in tha server , every one lags

Hosting:
a) Control panel, full support, as much HDD/bandwidth you need, expensive
VPS:
b) Full control, cheaper, limited HDD/bandwidth, no support, no control panel, require command line knowledge.

If you are newbie, I suggest you purchase hosting from professional hosting company.

i'm alrady hosting my server at KingJ (very satisfated) but if VPS is cheaper maybe it could be better for my server

Get http://Volt-Host.com.

It's the best I have ever hosted with, VPS (you can get DDOS if you dont have hardware protections)

ammm Volt Host ? i saw lot of players complaining about it but what ever this is not the question i just wanna know if getin a VPS will be better for me than geting in a Hosting company
( as i said before my actual host is KingJ since 6 months i think and i'm pertty happy with it)

VPS= Host Teamspeak, Samp, any server you want that accepts LINUX.

Hosted= Always the best firewall, cpanel, 24/7 uptime guaranteed, And more extras like SUPPORT.

VPS = NO firewall, you must do it yourself

Hosted= Always firewalled.

HOSTED FTW

To whoever says about Linux and command line knowledge:
What about a Windows VPS? I have one, running on Windows Server 2003, and everything's as easy to manage as it would be on my own computer.
Windows VPS' are slightly more expensive, but if you just don't like Linux (I do, though) it's a great choice.

thnks for the infos
its posible to host multipel servers on a VPS ? for example a TS server + 2 samp serverves ?

I have been homehosting for a while, Gamemode did not lag and players only have high ping if they are from really far countries. Noone lagged yet cause i homehost it.