SutD: The early chapters - needs reliable betatesters

Hi guys,
again it has been quite a while since I posted something regarding SutD here. I was missing the time to continue it, but some weeks ago I restarted developing it. As the project is progressing well, i reached a point, where a group of testers gets more and more imoprtant, so I already planned to post this for a while.

SutD
First of all Ill give a short summary what my project called "SutD: The early chapters" is:
Today, the concept of SutD is almost 1,5 years old. Originally it was planned to be a Co-op zombie survival mode (this concept is explained in the link in my signature). Developement started in last year's august and is still running (however I took several short or long breaks during that time).
The concept required a quite complex set of features, so I quickly came to the decision that a modular, scripting-engine-like projectdesign would be most efficient: the idea of the "SutD-engine" was born, an independent set of modules that could be used for any kind of gamemode without the need to change everything. Actually that engine contains 16 different, mostly independent includes with total more than 10,000 lines and provides a big set of functions and features (that I am quite proud of to be honest ).
Some time ago SutD developement made a turn, as I decided to suspend the original zombie survival project to create a TDM instead. The main reasons were that the SutD system had become quite complex and certainly needs some time to get used to it, and the upcoming sa-mp 0.3d version which doesnt support the CNPC plugin, and this is essential for NPC zombies. So this way interested people could get used to the SutD system, and I got something to play until I can continue working with bots. The result is SutD: Tec.
As I always paid attention to a nice and authentic story behind the gamemode, Tec covers the happenings some time before, that led to the zombie outbreak. In short, political decisions caused the cold war not to end. Conflicts between east and west got worse and led to a real WW3 in mid 2000's years. This is where Tec takes place. (A greatly more detailed storyline will follow some time later)

So in Tec there will be 2 opponent forces fighting against each other in different scenarios that all are a part in the SutD story. Objectives will vary, it is not just a TDM server, but will contain sub-gamemodes like attack and defend, static warfare (domination), guerilla scenarios, or even complex, singleplayer-like missions.
The gaming experience is supported by the set of advanced features provided by my SutD engine, like e.g. these:
  • Completely serversided weapons: very accurate hitdetection for currently 4 different hitzones, an almost unlimited set of different unique weapons (not just the GTA ones), weapon upgrades, different ammo types, ...
  • Advanced but intuitiv inventory system: not just weapons and ammo is managed this way, but there is also a large set of items available.
  • Complex perk system: Exp and level system, different character classes with unique skills, passive and active perks.
  • Tons of skill statistics: Shots, hits (accuracy), favourite weapons, commando skills (a feature in dev big enough for an own thread), ...
I am currently reworking the more detailed feature explanations in the old sutd forum in my signature, check it for more (but partially deprecated) info, or check the SutD topics here in the forum for videos and more.
For actual infos check the feature presentation section in the new forum, forum.mauzen.net that I update frequently.
So Tec is not ab usual TDM, but is gonna be a complex tactical shooter, and I am quite sure that there will be a lot of people who dislike that complexity. However Im also sure that there will be people like me who love it.

Betatesters
So what do I need betatesters for? Firstly a TDM needs a team to test it of course, unlike most of the other features I cant test that alone. Also a big part of the betatester's job will be balancing. The big amount of dynamic things requires a complete balancing overhaul, values are mostly random yet, as I just cant balance it alone of course. Finding bugs will be another omnipresent job, as well as performance tests. Betatesters will also be some kind of guinea pigs: for me as the developer it is no problem to understand and use the sutd features, but I also need to know how others, new to the system, get along with it, so I can reduce problems.

I will probably need 5-7 betatesters, that I will choose from all of you who might apply.
My minimum requirements to any betatester are these:
  • Registered in the forum for at least 6 months, the longer the better. (Send me at least one PM here to proof this)
  • Basic scripting skills (you wont have to write or read a single line, but often it is a great help for spotting bugs if you know how things work)
  • Speak advanced english: You dont have to speak perfect english, as I also dont, but I expect that I can chat with you without any problems, decrypting what you said makes things complicated.
  • Age 16+ would be nice, but I cant check this anyways, so Im just asking you to behave mature enough.
  • Be reliable! Probably most important. I also got a life, you dont need to be reachable 24/7, but you should really appear to tests if you appealed previously. Being online at "european times" would be the best.
Also note that being a betatester is a job (though an unpaid one ), not a reward.

Thats all I got in mind so far. If you read the giant text (every time I start to write, I cant stop ) you were probably interested and serious about it. If you still are now, and match the requirements, feel free to send me a PM here or on forum.mauzen.net.
Be sure to say something about all requirements, and introduce yourself a bit, so I got an idea of who you are. Please also include these infos:
  • SA-MP experience and prefered gametypes.
  • Testing experience (any previous betatester jobs?)
  • Usual online times
  • Why do you want to be a betatester for SutD?

So far. Im not sure when I will decide who gets the job. Please excuse if I respond to your application late, or not at all, but be sure that I read all applications carefully.
Thanks for your attention and interest.

Sure you can count me in! (:

Do you have MSN/Steam/Skype to chat with? I'd gladly want to be tester of your server

PM me if you do

Filling out your request..
SA-MP experience and prefered gametypes: Objective based gamemodes (preferably deathmatch), which are nothing like ordinary SA-MP deathmatch. 3 years of deathmatching
Testing experience (any previous betatester jobs?): Yeah, I've previously been helping a lot of people with a decent player count which are deathmatch gamemodes types. I've got my own server and I have to test nearly every single 5 minutes. >.>
Why do you want to be a betatester for SutD? For such a epic gamemode you're making, you do need someone to help you out with testing, I don't mind doing so, your choice to vote but yeah, I'll be just testing.
Usual online times: I'm a lifeless bastard, I'm on for about 6-5 hours each day, except, some days I'm at the gym. 10+ GMT is my timezone if you want to know.

mauzen, i would like to be beta tester, i have a lot of free time and i would like to join any server starting at this moment, im 17 years old.
I would like to know if i can join, im just not registered there because i dind't know that you had a server(this one you are developing).
If more data is needed, please send a pm, i will answer more fast as possible

Wont be joining in but ant to say good luck, this gamemode sound very very interesting.

As again good luck!

Mauzen, if more data is needed please say.

Thanks for the heads up, I sent you a PM containing my application data.

Check your PM about my app.

Wow, sounds like a server I might join once (even though I quit sa:mp) Suggestion on the server itself would be to make a long video (maybe in chapters) about what happened before, that way more people will know it cause people don't like long texts (: Anyhow, as i said, I'm hardly every online, but if I'm availabe, I think I'll be a reliable tester. I helped alpha testing of Mini-Missions, MID's original server, and I discovered a few bugs (even helped fixing something MID wasn't aware of).

I've got a 3year excessive experience on sa:mp itself. I first joined with a friend on 0.1, but I didn't have GTA so couldn't join often. Then later, in early 2009 I started playing here. Only recently started being active on the forums. I'm 18years old, from Belgium, and I'd say I'm mature enough to test (and my English skills would fit in as well, I guess). I prefer TDM-based servers, but freeroaming is quite cool as well imo. Occassionally, I like racing. As I said before, I alpha-tested a server before, and thus also beta-tested that same server. I've got other beta-testing experience on 2 other servers, if needed I can give that info in a pm. I want to become tester over there because it's very original, and it would be the first server concept in years which makes me want to join the server. I do not have any PAWN scripting experience, but I do know some other scripting languages, which is actually useful information as most of the scripting languages work the same way. As I've said before, I discovered a bug but the owner didn't know how to fix it, but with my scripting knowledge on other languages, I could figure out what was wrong (it had something to do with loading/unloading and resetting checkpoints).

...but this is where the happy story ends. As I said, I quit sa:mp, but I still occassionally join. I COULD be online after about 8pm in the evening, GMT +1. At that point, I'm quite unreliable, because I've got difficult stuff to do IRL.

Well, pm/quote me if you are interested. I think I could do a good job, but again, I won't be able to play on fixed times. Either cya ingame, either I wish you very good luck with your server!

Regards, [MM]IKKE

Thanks for the good response and interest so far!
Anyways Ill wait a bit longer with the decision, to also give others a chance (I already picked some of you who applied, but Ill wait till I got all before Ill tell you)