How to stop server from restarting?

I ordered a dedicated server... which I'll never order again from a certain company due to the fact that they are hard to reach and our service has been terrible... anyways, the server likes to restart randomly. Is there a config file I can set to tell it to stop? I'm kinda new to dedicated servers, but I know that when I run one on my pc it never just restarts randomly causing me to open an SSH link to the server to manually restart it.

I'm not sure if it is possible to stop an entire machine rebooting entirely, unless you know exactly why it occurs. However, the Wiki does detail some methods to keep the server online and restart in the event of a crash - see https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Linux_Ser..._Server_Online

As for the company, let us know - don't allow others to make the mistake of going with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer
I ordered a dedicated server... which I'll never order again from a certain company due to the fact that they are hard to reach and our service has been terrible... anyways, the server likes to restart randomly. Is there a config file I can set to tell it to stop? I'm kinda new to dedicated servers, but I know that when I run one on my pc it never just restarts randomly causing me to open an SSH link to the server to manually restart it.
What host are you using?

www.sampservers.info

If you have patience to get a hold of their CEO and wait for them to take 2 days to transfer a 20mb server to dallas instead of the UK... well good luck!

Ah, I thought you had a dedicated box on which the server ran, disregard my earlier advice linking to the wiki.

If someone hosts your server for you (Like SampServers do) not much you can do to stop it from crashing. They should have some mechanism in place to detect if a server has stopped running and if it has, restart it. Do you know why it crashes? Perhaps a bad script?

I have a server hosted by them and mine runs fine without any restarts. So yeah, I think you've got a bad script there, mate. And also, their service isn't terrible, it's good actually. So, don't run your mouth at them as they are good friends of mine.

1. It's not a bad script, I have a dedicated that I run off my pc because the server I have with them is pure shite. It has not crashed once.

2. Ummmm you call waiting 3 days to be able to use your server good service. The guy sends me an email 3 days ago, yeah we'll put your server in dallas, it should take 1 hour. next morning, yeah expect it 5pm GMT. The next day, ummm sorry we are having problems. He still hasn't fixed the server restarting for no reason even though I told him a day ago. It's obviously something they are doing. If their service continues like this, I'll take my money elsewhere!

EDIT: please tell me that server in your signature isn't hosted on sampservers' dallas server... because that ping is still atrocious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer
1. It's not a bad script, I have a dedicated that I run off my pc because the server I have with them is pure shite. It has not crashed once.

2. Ummmm you call waiting 3 days to be able to use your server good service. The guy sends me an email 3 days ago, yeah we'll put your server in dallas, it should take 1 hour. next morning, yeah expect it 5pm GMT. The next day, ummm sorry we are having problems. He still hasn't fixed the server restarting for no reason even though I told him a day ago. It's obviously something they are doing. If their service continues like this, I'll take my money elsewhere!

EDIT: please tell me that server in your signature isn't hosted on sampservers' dallas server... because that ping is still atrocious.
I think ping is high because your in UK and the server is located in USA?

no buddy, I'm in canada... trust me I've played on plenty american servers. My ping is fine there.

Server can restart if there are many players, even when with just a couple of players it was fine.
You should run apart from the server log another log that logs all the players text and commands. If you find that the server restarts after a certain command or text, check your script on that one.
Otherwise a server can restart because of buffer overload, especially with heavy scripts.

Our host has not yet started US/Canada based servers, otherwise I could recommend you.