Question about a cpu cooler

I'm looking for a CPU Cooler/Heatsink that uses push-pins only to mount, like the stock intel.

This is the one I'm looking into: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835186134

1. This will work for LGA 1155, right? It says so on the details section on newegg.
2. Do you have any other suggestions of coolers that use pushpins?

Thanks.

LGA1155 is an Intel socket. ALL the intel sockets have pushpins. Only AMD has different methods to mount the heatsink.

Yes, that one in your post can fit on a LGA1155 socket.

Edit: Lol. Diz is mah 1.234'st post xd

Lol, have you ever mounted a heatsink in your life? Mostly ALL heatsinks require you to screw on a backplate behind your motherboard.

Tme to learn how to read the page

Quote:

WIDE COMPATIBILITY
With the flexible mounting design, the Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2 is compatible with Intel Socket 1366, 1156, 1155 and 775 as well as AMD Socket AM3, AM2+, AM2, 939 and 754.

As well this is a wonderful heatsink, I own it, its very quiet and effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolumadd_
Посмотреть сообщение
Lol, have you ever mounted a heatsink in your life? Mostly ALL heatsinks require you to screw on a backplate behind your motherboard.
That is NOT true.
There are about %50 procent Intel computers and %50 AMD.
ONLY AMD requires you to screw a backplate on.
Intel ALWAYS uses push-pins which you will have to push in and turn around.
The only time Intel requires you to have a backplate, is when you are installing water cooling OR a new heatsink which is build for multiple sockets for compatibility.

Believe me, I've been doing IT training for a few years now for my job later.

Edit: "have you ever mounted a heatsink in your life?" om*g, you don't know what kind of computer nerdo kid your talking to dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantjuh
Посмотреть сообщение
That is NOT true.
There are about %50 procent Intel computers and %50 AMD.
ONLY AMD requires you to screw a backplate on.
Intel ALWAYS uses push-pins which you will have to push in and turn around.
The only time Intel requires you to have a backplate, is when you are installing water cooling OR a new heatsink which is build for multiple sockets for compatibility.

Believe me, I've been doing IT training for a few years now for my job later.
Do a little shopping around for coolers and try to find one with push-pins. My Cooler Master N520 for intel, Cooler Master 212+, Zalman, all had back plates and for intel.

And iNorton:
How did you mount it? Did you do it so the fan is facing downwards at the video card, or did you make it so the fan is facing the front of your case?

I got an amd and i didnt have to screw anything on

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Do a little shopping around for coolers and try to find one with push-pins. My Cooler Master N520 for intel, Cooler Master 212+, Zalman, all had back plates and for intel.

And iNorton:
How did you mount it? Did you do it so the fan is facing downwards at the video card, or did you make it so the fan is facing the front of your case?
omg Like I said, you can't or can hardly find coolers in shops because they aren't build for just one socket. If they did so, they wouldn't sell a shit of it because not everyone has that one socket. So what they do, they build the cooler so it is compatible with a lot of sockets, Intel AND AMD. That is why almost every cooler you can buy has a backplate. But when you just buy a premade computer at a store, you will always find (When it comes to Intel) coolers with push-pins because the builders of that computer just knew they only need a cooler with a specific socket because they will use the same processor and socket for mass production.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

And iNorton:
I use AMD just to say, I did make it face GPU since my PSU faces down to CPU and GPU and another two fans make faces PSU and CPU (additional fans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
That's not true. When you buy a premade computer at a store it comes with the stock Intel cooler which is not very good, as a result it is not very big and does not need much support, so does not need an extra backplate. Bigger custom coolers almost always come with backplates simply because they are so big - and they are that big regardless of which CPU make you install them on. You COULD try do it without the backplate, but they tend to pull on the motherboard and can deform or break them (or if you're lucky just fall out of their mountings because of the pressure on the push-pins).
Then I'm going to kick the crap out of my IT teacher for lying to me :P Or.. Just saying the wrong thing