Laptop or Desktop?

Another poll topic...

Are you using either a laptop or a desktop computer, and why did you choose to use it?

Laptop...Pretty fast tbh.

Chose laptop because, well, not my will, my father had it and sent it to me and he got himself a tiny laptop, anyway he was using this one only for Skype chatting with my mother.(Father is in Italy, mom is home)

I LOVE IT! <3

Desktop better then a laptop in some points and you can upgrade it at anytime.

A destktop is better in all points except mobility.

Using Laptop because its good as i dont have enough space to put a computer in my room . my room is too much small and there are already too many things :P ..!!

Laptop=for "work"
desktop=gaming

you have to decide what you need it for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Laptop=for "work"
desktop=gaming

You got a good point there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Laptop=for "work"
desktop=gaming

I use my laptop for gaming and for everything, because it is all I have.(As computer)
As in my case I wasn't able to decide this. If the specifications for this laptop were for a desktop, it would run damn smooth!

Android Tablet + OnLive/Citrix.

Desktop. More power for a cheaper price.

dekstop ofc..

You can game on any pc really if you use OnLive.

Desktop at sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh3r0
Посмотреть сообщение
Laptop...Pretty fast tbh.

Chose laptop because, well, not my will, my father had it and sent it to me and he got himself a tiny laptop, anyway he was using this one only for Skype chatting with my mother.(Father is in Italy, mom is home)

I LOVE IT! <3
I have exactly the same laptop but with windows 7, and i chose it because i want to use it on my bed or somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn
Посмотреть сообщение
You can game on any pc really if you use OnLive.
Still doesn't feel natural, would be better to invest in a decent PC in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripac
Посмотреть сообщение
I have exactly the same laptop but with windows 7, and i chose it because i want to use it on my bed or somewhere...
I fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Посмотреть сообщение
Desktop because they're superior in every way shape and form (literally) and they have a longer running life.
Shape? I don't like the outlook of most desktops...but that's opinion.

If you're not into gaming much, I'd say a laptop would be better, as you can use it anywhere and has some good specs either nowadays...Desktops might be cheaper, but the difference lowered compared to some years ago.

But yes, if you like gaming a lot, I'd choose a desktop. You can modify it yourself/let it be done to increase your specs etc. But overall that will cost more than a regular laptop

Personally, I've got a laptop, HP Pavilion dv6 with octa-core i7 processor, which is pretty good (I got a free i5 => i7 update because it was the last one in my country + 10% discount of the store + another 5% and 1y damage insurance because it was the show-off one >=D). I am not really into the newest games, I only recently finished NFS:MW eg. GTA IV runs on it, and that's more than enough for me. Plus, I'm living on lodgings thus moving every single week twice. With a desktop, that would be a huge problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
That is Win7 tbh...

Shape? I don't like the outlook of most desktops...but that's opinion.

If you're not into gaming much, I'd say a laptop would be better, as you can use it anywhere and has some good specs either nowadays...Desktops might be cheaper, but the difference lowered compared to some years ago.

But yes, if you like gaming a lot, I'd choose a desktop. You can modify it yourself/let it be done to increase your specs etc. But overall that will cost more than a regular laptop

Personally, I've got a laptop, HP Pavilion dv6 with octa-core i7 processor, which is pretty good (I got a free i5 => i7 update because it was the last one in my country + 10% discount of the store + another 5% and 1y damage insurance because it was the show-off one >=D). I am not really into the newest games, I only recently finished NFS:MW eg. GTA IV runs on it, and that's more than enough for me. Plus, I'm living on lodgings thus moving every single week twice. With a desktop, that would be a huge problem.
There are some awesome desktop cases out there man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
That is Win7 tbh....
No, it's vista.

Laptop, because im social ^_^ Not like that geeks as sitting on the computer in 1 room alone (forever alone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnd
Посмотреть сообщение
Laptop, because im social ^_^ Not like that geeks as sitting on the computer in 1 room alone (forever alone)
So your saying everyone in the world that uses PC is a Forever alone guy? wow...