Bent CPU Pin on motherboard....

If you bent the pin on your CPU get a new one, Simple unless you wanna fry another motherboard.

The CPU isn't fried, the CPU socket got one pin bent. We took out everything and just powered up the motherboard, one light went on. The Stand-by power led. So the motherboard isn't broken.

We are going to try to fix the bent pin now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Crawford
Посмотреть сообщение
Dude,

1. Check if the LED on the mother board lights up. If it doesn't you are probably screwed my friend.
2. Re seat the ram ( It does wonders )
3. Lets think about this.... If your CPU if broke you would typically get a POST code. I'm also surprised someone in here would think that a computer would boot up with out a CPU even into the BIOS it wouldn't happen. But i would expect a post code.

[A+ Cert]
Not all motherboards will start up without a CPU. Not to mention that I never said it would Fully boot up, that is impossible. The motherboard itself will still power on. I happen to know a few that do (Mine even does) but will sit there and beep.
Quote:

The CPU isn't fried, the CPU socket got one pin bent. We took out everything and just powered up the motherboard, one light went on. The Stand-by power led. So the motherboard isn't broken.

We are going to try to fix the bent pin now.

As someone else said you could have gotten lucky and one of the pins that were bent wasn't to do with something entirely important but you should never run if one of your pins are bent anyway. The pin that you bent was probably a very important one lol.

We fixed the bent pin and now it works! I love life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolumadd_
Посмотреть сообщение
We fixed the bent pin and now it works! I love life!
You have some serious luck dude..

Thank you guys for the help!

Glad you fixed it, I forgot to screw my CPU in to the motherboard 'plate' once and it ended up falling off and cracking a bit of the plastic, can't remember if it deformed the pins though.

That "beep" is a post code...

Here is how it looks like so far:

I am going to work more on the cable management soon. I'm trying to think If I should keep the stock cpu cooler. My case doesn't have a very large hole in the back. When I used a Cooler Master Hyper N520 heatsink, the retention plate behind the motherboard made the board flex when I screwed it on. So, I need to find a "no tools required" heatsink to replace it with because I may overclock one day.

And that shitty graphics card I have in there will be replaced soon with a Evga GTX 570.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Here is how it looks like so far:

I am going to work more on the cable management soon. I'm trying to think If I should keep the stock cpu cooler. My case doesn't have a very large hole in the back. When I used a Cooler Master Hyper N520 heatsink, the retention plate behind the motherboard made the board flex when I screwed it on. So, I need to find a "no tools required" heatsink to replace it with because I may overclock one day.

And that shitty graphics card I have in there will be replaced soon with a Evga GTX 570.
Your case has cable management on the back, why aren't you using it?

I do use it. All the cables you see on the bottom are from my non-modular power supply. Otherwise, there aren't many other cables that are not behind the panel.

Everyone makes mistakes, glad you fixed yours

When i made my old multimedia PC to hook up to a projector a while ago, i though i had to apply thermal paste under the CPU to make it stick in or something...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Okay guys, please help me with this:

I was building a computer today and the first time I attempted to put the CPU in the socket, I placed it the wrong way. I bent 1 pin but I continued to assemble the rest of the computer anyways.
What I don't understand is why you would continue to build the computer when you have noticed the damaged component? :P

Glad you got it fixed though, and not have to shell out on a new CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieren
Посмотреть сообщение
What I don't understand is why you would continue to build the computer when you have noticed the damaged component? :P

What's the problem? I also have one bent pin on my Motherboard and my computer has no issues ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieren
Посмотреть сообщение

Not all pins are essential, so considering there was only one pin bent, I continued to see if it would be a problem.