Virus in the standard PAWN software?

Hi!

I'd like to use the standard PAWN system (quincy, pawncc, pawnrun etc.) what is downloadable from www.compuphase.com. But my antivirus software (I use AVG Antivirus) found some viruses in the installer file (for Win32).

The currently version is 4.0.4548 (2011-08-01), and the antivirus found viruses in the previous version, too. A few month ago, I used ESET NOD 32 Antivirus, this antivirus didn't find virus. Is there anybody in this forum who has a same problem? And what did he/she do?

Thanks,

Zuckerman

You can't use the latest compiler version for SA-MP if that's what you're trying to do.

Anyhow, I'm stumped - probably a false-positive.

There is a reason why we all use pawn that come with server package.
SAMP is using old pawn that is moded by samp dev team to suit samp needs.
If you compile your script with new pawn compiler than there is a chance that your server will crash

Okay, I don't want to use this Pawn system in SA-MP, I'd like to use this in programming project (testing DLL-s in another language, etc).

Zuckerman

I've installed the last version and i scanned it with ESET Nod32 (last version) it doesn't seem infected.

Quote:

I've installed the last version and i scanned it with ESET Nod32 (last version) it doesn't seem infected.

When I scanned with ESET NOD 32, it didn't find virus. Did you scan the installer file, too?

Zuckerman

[OFK]Zuckerman, there's no reason to worry. This is impossible that the officials releasers could release their own popular program with a virus inside.

All anti-virus programs have defects, that cause false positives. The installer for sure doesn't have any viruses.

EDIT: Also, AVG is known to be paranoid, and is making lots of false positives in 100% clean programs/installers.

And this lady's and gentlemen is another reason not to use AVG.

No viruses Tested with Avast Internet Security 6.0.1289

Thanks for all replies.

Zuckerman