Asking for a little help

Hey guys, yes im new and ima noob... I been looking at the current house scripts and i dont like any of them, i just want a simple filter script where i can go /createhouse 122 then a little green house icon will pop on, but No one will be able to buy it till i do another code like /open or something like this, since i am new i only know how to put the files in the filterscripts an up-date the server config, i also know i gotta put some files in pawno anyways, if i sound to noobish tell me to go away haha, im sure ill find a simple house system soon

You shouldn't own a server without either having a stable development team or knowing how to script PAWN yourself. People like you are the reason a lot of players like me have quit playing SA-MP servers- most of them are the same exact thing because people don't know what they're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
You shouldn't own a server without either having a stable development team or knowing how to script PAWN yourself. People like you are the reason a lot of players like me have quit playing SA-MP servers- most of them are the same exact thing because people don't know what they're doing.
+1.

And why do new PAWN scripters start with an RP script ?, why don't you just script a TDM/DM or Freeroam servers for starters, you'll get the hang of it, and it won't give you headakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for your reply, Maybe i should explain my self a little more, i do know a bit about the IT side of computers. In fact i just installed a house system then, i got it to work and i'm working out how to use it. Like i said before, i am new.. I bet you were new as well you had to learn from some where, and that's what i'm trying to do is learn

Thanks for you in-put and reply " RealCop228"

Quote:
Originally Posted by =WoR=G4M3Ov3r
Посмотреть сообщение
+1.

And why do new PAWN scripters start with an RP script ?, why don't you just script a TDM/DM or Freeroam servers for starters, you'll get the hang of it, and it won't give you headakes.
I don't really like TDM/DM but Freeroam seems ok i might give it a shot ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamp76
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for your reply, Maybe i should explain my self a little more, i do know a bit about the IT side of computers. In fact i just installed a house system then, i got it to work and i'm working out how to use it. Like i said before, i am new.. I bet you were new as well you had to learn from some where, and that's what i'm trying to do is learn

Thanks for you in-put and reply " RealCop228"
Being an IT guy doesn't mean anything. You can set up a kick-ass home theater system, but that doesn't mean you can write the code that makes it function properly. The same goes for PAWN, you can play the game really well, but it doesn't mean you know how everything works.

You need to start off by working on smaller projects (like "G4M3Ov3r" mentioned). You'll eventually learn what you can do to perform an operation and why it needs to be done. You'll get more creative and more efficient as you continue learning. Believe me, it takes awhile. You shouldn't try to start up a server if you don't know the first thing about PAWN- it's a fact!

PAWN isn't that easy as well. That's why I mentioned that you start with something small, like a TDM/DM server. It takes less time, and its quiet easier. I started off with an RP server, and trust me, it took me quiet some while for me to get how scripting works. Plus, for more information read the wikis, its extremely helpful for new users.

http://wiki.sa-mp.com