Volt-Host

I am planning to start a server, and I used to use ServerFFS, but I researched a bit and it seems like people dont like it anymore, so is Volt-Host a good alternative? Is there any experienced users from Volt-House out there, then please tell me how your experience was/is with them.

My first host was ServerFFS,but when i realized how good they were....i decided to move to KingJ,wich i used for some time.Now i started to move my services to Volt-Host,leaving only the SA-MP servers at KingJ to spend the rest of the funds in my account.

So yeah.Volt-Host is the best solution you have in terms of hosting.

I use Volt Host and it is amazing, no lag and alot of options to use, but it is a little bit difficult to set up.

[t/me holds out a cup and begs for reputations]

Repped both of you, thanks for answers.

^ Hard to set up how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriham3
View Post
Repped both of you, thanks for answers.

^ Hard to set up how?
Its hard to set up if you are new to servers,but it's similar to how it is on your PC.Same directories etc.

Yeah, also its linux so you got to convert everything to a linux server, like plugins and such, for plugins you want the .so file of each plugin you want to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.Clement
View Post
Yeah, also its linux so you got to convert everything to a linux server, like plugins and such, for plugins you want the .so file of each plugin you want to use.
...or simply use the feature that install the plugins...

And its not plugins and such...its just the plugins,nothing else.

Yes vary nice hosting. If you used ServerFFS then you should have no problem with Volt-host. They even got free servers if you can catch one. i had one. only down side is the ads. but you can over look them. plus there cheaper then serverffs. hope i helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WG Chinn
View Post
Yes vary nice hosting. If you used ServerFFS then you should have no problem with Volt-host. They even got free servers if you can catch one. i had one. only down side is the ads. but you can over look them. plus there cheaper then serverffs. hope i helped!
Ads are only on the free servers, and we took those off now

Setup is fairly the same as you would have with other hosts, we provide you with most of the tools needed to setup your server (most people miss a few things with plugins the first time around however you quickly get used to it).

I highly recommend volt! I've been using it for about 6~ months now ( and still do ), haven't had a single problem.

Volt is an excellent choice in hosting, Iv used them in the pass.

We've had numerous problems with Volt, which results in us moving to another server. Since USRP is one of the popular servers on samp, we get attacked on a daily basis. If its not Data Center rangebans from one host, or just unreliable support, we have always gone back to Volt.

After renewing BOTH of our servers thru volt for 100+ days. The day after we move back to them, Volt is hit with a huge DDoS which in return null routes the ips. So pretty much we were told either to buy a dedicated, or they'd shut our server down.

Well there goes $100+ USD down the drain. I wont use Volt anymore. They don't offer DDoS protection thru their VPS's, only ip tables. We had a problem were our server was down for DAYS because of a file read error... we went thru a month + of our server crashing numerous times a day because of an FTP problem....

After the messages we recieved today concerning this DDoS issue, i highly doubt i will ever use Volt Host again, and i recommend you don't either.

im useing volt and its going all good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiney Rodricaz
View Post
We've had numerous problems with Volt, which results in us moving to another server. Since USRP is one of the popular servers on samp, we get attacked on a daily basis. If its not Data Center rangebans from one host, or just unreliable support, we have always gone back to Volt.

After renewing BOTH of our servers thru volt for 100+ days. The day after we move back to them, Volt is hit with a huge DDoS which in return null routes the ips. So pretty much we were told either to buy a dedicated, or they'd shut our server down.

Well there goes $100+ USD down the drain. I wont use Volt anymore. They don't offer DDoS protection thru their VPS's, only ip tables. We had a problem were our server was down for DAYS because of a file read error... we went thru a month + of our server crashing numerous times a day because of an FTP problem....

After the messages we recieved today concerning this DDoS issue, i highly doubt i will ever use Volt Host again, and i recommend you don't either.
More and more people are starting to face Volt Host problems since they started to provide free servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.Clement
View Post
I use Volt Host and it is amazing, no lag and alot of options to use, but it is a little bit difficult to set up.

[t/me holds out a cup and begs for reputations]
Agreed ^^ Volt has a very good control panel, no lag, low ping, good forum ... everything you want ! But yes, it's difficult to set up your server at volt x)

(After 8 days trying to put my server online on volt ... it's now online. Finally ^^)

Even though i dont have a Volt Gameserver, I would recommend Volt Host, its a great host, I play on many server running with Volt and they are stable, Only time they go down is when some babyish kid DDoSes part of there host, but, It comes backup within 15 minutes.

jihost i still want my refund....its your sloww as crap support that made it past 2days

I dont disagree that they have a awesome cpanel and shit... its just you havent experienced what we have, and we've used volt host since oct 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiHost
View Post
More and more people are starting to face Volt Host problems since they started to provide free servers.
Their free servers do not affect their paid servers. Stop putting them down to make your host sound better. The owner has said before that the free servers are on a DIFFERENT node.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal
View Post
Their free servers do not affect their paid servers. Stop putting them down to make your host sound better. The owner has said before that the free servers are on a DIFFERENT node.
+1 agreed.